Can't See Hard drive files w/OS X

conrado

Registered
I just installed OS 10.2 today and am noticing that using any Apple application like QuickTime, iPhoto, or any of the screen preferences that call for the use of a dialogue box to select a file, neither of my 2 hard drives and their files are available. Only Home, Desktop, Documents, Library, etc. appear as options. This can't be right. For example, I have lots of QT movies on my hard drive (btw-= I installed OSX on top o OS 9 on the same drive, but the install seemed to be fine), why doesn't either hard drive and its files show up when I do a "File Open" - another wierd thing - one option is MS OFfice 2001 - but it then list all of my applications that I had w/OS 9, but I can't go to any other place on my hard drives. What is with this? :confused: It seems so elementary that you should be able to access your files, wherever they are.

:eek: HELP!

Thanks

Conrado

The hard drives won't be selectable in the drop-down menu. You need to open the window up by clicking the little blue triangle in the save dialogue box, then scrolling all the way to the left to access the root levels of the hard drives.

i would also suggest you check out an app called Default Folder X. you might like the added navigational and orginizational features it offers. i know i hated the time i was without it when os x first came out.

El Diablo - Thanks very much --that worked and now it makes more sense.

Ed - Thanks for the tip...I'll check it out.

Conrado:)

Back