Cd-rom Does Not Mount

inspectro

Registered
Hi there,

could you please help me on this? I am a newbie on the mac area... I have been searching and trying to figure this out all day but with no result.

I own an iBook G4 (mid-2005). I installed a 3rd party application (x86 emulator) didn't like it and uninstall it. Next thing I know one of my cds is still in my drive but the windows on the desktop is gone. After a little searching on macosx.com I finally managed to eject the cd but right after that I checked again and same thing happened...

I checked on system profiler and it doesn't show any information on cd/dvd-burning device, so maybe somehow the drivers got lost? Couldn't found any drivers on apple.com though...

I tried to use an external usb cd-rom drive to format my mac but this couldn't be done (can't set it to boot from usb)

I've decided to format my ibook (finding drivers ang getting them to work if they work seems a huge mountain right now) so can you please tell me how can I boot on startup from cd-rom and format my ibook? My user's guide doesn't say how...

thanks in advance for your help.

(i categorised my question on macosx category because i'm 100% my cd-rom drive works fine, hardware speaking. There's something wrong regarding software...)

Put the CD in the drive.

Reboot and immediately hold down the 'c' key.

Keep the 'c' key held down until you see the Apple logo on your screen -- it should be booting from the CD.

Back