Changing Apple ID on M1 Mini

rickself

Registered
Hey all - I had a Mini with M1 chip followed up with an M2. Both were under my Apple ID. I have now sold the M1 to the company I work for. I've been trying to change the Apple ID on the M1 to the company ID but it then changes my M2 and my iPhones, laptops, everything that I had under my Apple ID. When I change my M2 back to my ID, it changes the M1 back to my Apple ID. I DO NOT want to erase the email files from the M1 but I can't find where Time Machine backs up the system, as well as the user files and if I do a Reset, do I lose everything? I want to keep what's on the M1, just change the Apple ID.
Any input would be appreciated. Should I need to get something like Carbon Copy Cloner?
Thank you -

You need to deauthorize the M1. Then go to Manage my devices from your M2 and remove the M1 from your list (if it is still listed there). Now you should be able to put the company's Apple ID in and you should be good to go.

You need to deauthorize the M1. Then go to Manage my devices from your M2 and remove the M1 from your list (if it is still listed there). Now you should be able to put the company's Apple ID in and you should be good to go.
That’s it? Apple’s explanation is like a book. As always, thanks Cheryl!

That’s it? Apple’s explanation is like a book. As always, thanks Cheryl!
Of course, I’ve tried so many times to make this work, I’m told that I’ve exceeded the number of times to assign an Apple ID and need to contact Apple Support. Sheessh!

Okay, that was easy. I had to go to AppleID and created the new ID there, then I could log in from the M1. What a concept - something easy with Apple! As it should be! Macs and iPhones are so easy, why is support like pulling teeth.

All he has to do on nModerm Mac is reboot into Recovery mode and make a new Administration user account in Recovery mode log out Recovery mode and reboot! Go back to Recovery Mode and then delete the old user account the reboot and go on with new Account! This works only if you not connected to Apple through the internet at that time!

Back