Changing the "registered to" person in Office 2004?

Anthony

Registered
So I've got a bunch of Macs out with folks here at work that were prepared with Carbon Copy Cloner, so they all started off with exact HD copies. The machines all have Office 2004 installed, and when I was making my master disk image was not thinking and put in a "generic" name (something like "Office User" as first/last name) in the registration field during the Office setup assistant. Hasn't been a problem until now that they're using track changes and collaborating on some documents - track changes shows which author made which change, and pulls that from the registered to information - so all the changes are appearing as coming from "Office User" and they can't tell eachother's changes apart!

Is there any way to change this Registered User field... or even just the author name that Word uses for track changes? I'd like to avoid having to go the uninstall-reinstall to reregister-reapply service packs route because its a bunch of machines and would be quite a chore... thanks in advance!

What happens if you change the User Information in Word Preferences?
You would have to change that on each Mac.

It works. Can't believe I missed that! Here I was trying to hack through preference files and it was just a simple setting in the preferences I overlooked. Doesn't change the "registered to" name but does change the name in track changes which was all I really needed... thanks!

Back