Chimera 0.2.1

googolplex

jeff.hume.ca
It seems that chimera 0.2.1 was kind of released. It hasn't shown up on the main chimera page yet, but I found the binary in cvs. Check it out at http://chimera.mozdev.org/downloads/chimera-latest.dmg.gz

The server was pretty slow when I got it but its a good release.

There are now contextual menus with open in new tab and other things like that. There is also a download manager that isn't working yet, but its shell is there. It also appears that bookmarks are getting improved a bit. And lastly find in this page works.

Yay!

Cool :cool:
Does menus in HTML pages work?
(I'm not currently at the OS X machine).

sweet, can't wait to get to my own machine and try it out. I love how fast the development is going.

sweet, stopped at 527 kB after 14 minutes, saying it was complete :rolleyes:
let's wait till tomorrow...

Yeah the serve is really really slow. I should post it on my idisk...

And I usually check chimera.mozdev.org every day. Usually to read the newsgroup.

Can it finally close tabs in an intuative way(the X of Moxilla is intuitive, command+Y is not) and/or sopport ctrl-click? These things are my most missed Mozille features in 2.0.

Also, 2.0 had some issues of sites I couldn't log into and text-fields i couldn't type on...fixed?

As far as I can tell its still only command-y... unfortunately. I'm not sure what sites yoru talking about so I dont know.

I just found out that this version has popup blocking. The first time the browser comes accross a popup it notifies you and asks if you want to disable them. I also found out that downloading works, but the progress bar is broken so you can't see how much is done.

Yeah, I was just noticing that as I went to check up on the thread and saw that you had already addressed it.

-Dixon

If the download link is still down or running slow I've posted the latest build of Chimera on my iDisk. My itools member name is:

briandixon

Also, is it just me or has the About Navigator screen not been updated to say 0.2.1?

Goodluck,

-Dixon

still no plugins... still no aqua interface elements inside pages... still no mozilla prefs... i'm still hoping that it'll come along nicely, but as for now i think there shouldn't be a separate thread for every 0.x.x build of Chimera. Else I'll start one for every sneakypeek version of OmniWeb.

:)

Can we think about other things for a moment? ... If *we* were to wish what our browsers should have... What features would you want to be invented?

Wow, I've now tried 0.2.0 and 0.2.1. Very nice browser. Very fast. I hope it keeps its speed (and gets faster) as more features are enabled. And nice to see that about:mozilla is still in there. After going to this on all versions of Netscape going back to version 1 for UNIX, it would change the meteor shower behind the 'N' to Mozilla coming up and breathing fire then going back down. I always loved that. Not sure if that still works. Oh, and gorgeous icon. :)

Chimera is very nice indeed...
I tried the MRJ plugin that I use with Netscape6, it should work but it doesn't.
Anyone tried it yet?

Back