Chimera 0.6 is out!

hulkaros

The Incredible...
aka Navigator... Go and get it!

It seems that Chimera is going strong with each release! Although, OmniWeb is my default browser, I currently use Mozilla 1.2b and Chimera 0.6 more and more just for checking 'em!

Its a Speed Demon... Chimera that is!

Checking too often tends to let me ignore new features. I've found a monthly rhythm to be enough for Mozilla based builds.

Chimera 0.6 cruises, yes. Extremely fast. But :

1) Like MacLuv, I have problems with this text field which appears white in Chimera and makes it impossible to read (see attachment).

2) New features ? In fact I'm not yearning for new features, but I'd like Chimera to use back the Command-Arrow shortcuts to move Previous/Next pages, I'm bored with Command-[ and Command-] which are a pain on my keyboard. I'd also like Google to show up when I press Command-F. So I'd like customizable shortcuts please :D .

Apart from this, Chimera is just perfect.

Ah, yes, last point...

In Microsoft Explorer I can 'grab' my pages by pressing Command and moving the page around... please, Chimera, please, ...

Chimera became my default some time ago when I downloaded a nightly. I'm not at home now but I seem to recal that that build had cmd <- and -> as forward and backwards. I can't wait to get home and try this one, but someone should try it with this new release.

I'm hoping for cocoa text fields, a la Omni so I can spell check on the fly. Like I said, it's my default now so this is a minor complaint.

cmd + arrows works for me here.

A while back I remember I did a hack to put that functionality back in an earlier release. Not sure if that's why I have it or not. I'll have to check on another box around here.

[edit] Downloaded on another system and it was cmd + [ and cmd +] . Must have been the hack.

How about Shift+Spacebar = scroll a page up! I use Spacebar to scroll down a page but it's really annoying not being able to get back up in a similar fashion!

i can't wait until they have full CSS support. that will fix the white background you see in textareas like the one for the quick replies on this site. i hope they intend on making the browser buttons CSS compliant as well. that would be thhhhuper!

Originally posted by toast
Chimera 0.6 cruises, yes. Extremely fast. But :

1) Like MacLuv, I have problems with this text field which appears white in Chimera and makes it impossible to read (see attachment).

2) New features ? In fact I'm not yearning for new features, but I'd like Chimera to use back the Command-Arrow shortcuts to move Previous/Next pages, I'm bored with Command-[ and Command-] which are a pain on my keyboard. I'd also like Google to show up when I press Command-F. So I'd like customizable shortcuts please :D .

Apart from this, Chimera is just perfect.

:D hey - Both Command+arrow for browsing works now ( 0.6 ) AND if you want Google for a hotkey, just go to preferences>navigation and then you can sent what your want your search page to be ( set it as google ) and then you just Hold down Command+shift+F for that search page!!

cool .. I love chimera.. only thing I would love to see is a nice history function...

it is my main browser..

Hmm... I cant seem to get into my hotmail-account with 0.6 :( big dumb microsoft says my browser doesnt support cookies, but i have checked the always accept button. strange. besides from that, the only thing in my mind that makes explorer superior is the downloading managment, and the fact that chimera doesnt auto-open .sit-files (no control over support-applications.)

Ooop... now it works! i just had to clear the old cookies and startover.
The best thing about chimera is the Tabs! try using explorer again and your screen will soon be filled with windows (wow... that was a kind of funny word-game) :)

Whoohoo! Chimera 0.6 coupled with the new Flash Beta Plug-In equals a working espn.com!!! I'm so happy, I'm gonna go pet a dog!

last i checked chimera is pretty well complient with css

i designed my site using chimera as my test bed (and IE6 on pc for the css scroll bars)

Back