Chimera 0.6 is out!

Biggest new development for me in .6 is the auto-password fill in feature... this is what I msised most about Mozilla... I'm now even happier to have Chimera as my default browser.

MacLuv... I saw the same thing regarding the default search page. Does anyone know what text file contains the settings for the default homepage and the default search page? You can set the homepage in the Internet System Preference, but not the search page. I'd like to also find out where those settings are stored.

Chimera makes the mac NOT a joke in browsing the web.

Using Explorer is so pathetic, horrible, and sad, that I actually FIRMLY BELIEVE that Microsoft made it so extremely bad on purpose to SABOTAGE the macintosh.

Chimera changes browsing on the mac forever by putting us on par with Windows.

Originally posted by vikingshelmut
Does anyone know what text file contains the settings for the default homepage and the default search page? You can set the homepage in the Internet System Preference, but not the search page. I'd like to also find out where those settings are stored.

Right-click or Control-click on the Navigator icon and open Contents/Resources/WebsiteDefaults.strings with your favorite text editor (vi, pico etc...).

Actually, Chimera does have History support, it's just turned off in the defaults. To enable it, open the "prefs.js" file within the Navigator bunble (right click on the Navigator app, select "Show Package Contents", then proceed to navigate to the Resources folder, I believe (i'm not in front of my Mac right now, so I might have the path wrong), and locate the "prefs.js" file.

Open it in text edit. Search for the string that defines "History". It will be set to false. Change it to true. Save the file, relaunch Chimera, and now next to your Bookmarks tab in the sidebar, you should have a History tab.

If my directions are off a little, email me and I'll send you clearer directions when I get home...

Ciao!

Originally posted by MacLuv
I think Chimera is great, but it still needs a little more work to be perfect... go to www.iomega.com and see if your system crashes on you... i loaded the new Flash beta but it still crashed so I had to open up IE...

I have to say the best feature by far is definately keychain access...

And where the hell IS the search preference stored?

At what point should Chimera choke on iomega's website? It loaded and I navigated through the site just fine. *shrugs*
[edit] Was even able to go to www.atomfilms.com and watch some flash movies. *shrugs again*[/edit]

As far as the search page pref, see my last post ;)

ok i should say that chimera is mostly css compliant because you also cant change toolbar color

i use the older theme here anyways so have no probs ;)

the text field field is white for any large text field that i have seen, but i have seen grey single line text fields... so i dunno

This is what you get when you type text in Chimera 0.6 to post on macosx.com boards (see attachment).

Attachments

• chimera-typing-text-strange.jpg
    chimera-typing-text-strange.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 46
looks like the background color for the text areas are suppose to be #CFCFCF

and the css looks to be embedded

The CSS defines a dark blue text area with light blue text.

Chimera is only getting the light blue text.

Iomega.com crashed for me during the loading of the home page.

Big deal. I don't watch flash web sites on a mac anyway. I bought a PC for that.

Flash is so horrible on the mac, I bought a PC just to watch flash web sites (and play counterstrike).

about flash, there is a link in the chimera web site for the beta version of flash that corrects the chimera crashing problems....

I downloaded the flash beta and have not had problems at many of hte sites htat crashed chimera on a regular basis. I just went to iomega.com and had no problems.

I've got the same version as you, MacLuv (6,0,60,48).

iomega.com works fine. As does any other Flash page I visit.

Well I knwo it's already been said bu the speed boost is actually noticeable. Yea only .4 to go to Chimera 1.0

chimera does not have support for CSS buttons, either. it uses the default aqua buttons.
i'm worried that we'll never have css scroll bars because of the option to have the arrows at the top or the bottom, and because OS 9 never even had this.
d'oh.

Back