Classic " Resource Update Error"

Originally posted by hulkaros
Different language OSes?

Say, a German OS 9 with an International Jaguar?

I'm having the same problem now, is that because I do have 2 language OSes?

Hi

When you install jaguar you can choose which language to install under.

Jaguar installs special extensions into the classic system folder the most important is carbon lib 1.6 update.

You may have to download the version of OS 9 for german.

The following items should be inside the os 9 system folder

Classic Support version 2.1.1
Classic Support UI version 2.1.1

Inside the Extensions folder

Classic Rave ver 1.7
InputSprocket Classic ver 1.8.1
Network Setup Extension ver 1.7
OpenGLLibrary ver 1.7

These all should have classic compatibilty before 1.7 and are added by OS X.2 at the first startup of classic environment.

You will also need to update to 9.2.2

The following updates are current for OS 9

CarbonLib 1.6
Applescript 1.8.3
MRJ 2.2.6
Quicktime 6.0.3
Authoring Support 1.1.9

I suggest that you update your OS 9 system with the current updates first as this will help.

I can also send a copy of the extensions to you if you want as this has helped somebody before to get there classic environment working properly.

please let me know how it goes and whether you would like me to send the extensions to you.

Rob

Originally posted by rob1au

InputSprocket Classic ver 1.8.1
OpenGLLibrary ver 1.7

Thanks Rob, I have these 2 files, only the version numbers are 1.3 or 1.4. I ran Software Update but they didn't come up. Could you email them to robert.01@planet.nl ? Thanks a bunch

I upgraded from US 10.2.3 to 10.2.6 and installed the files that Rob recommended/supplied...and finally, after many previous tries, I got into Classic...Yeah!

Mark

rob1au emailed you the files?? Why didn't he email me? I asked first! lol anyway could you email me them then? I already checked that site but of course they don't host single extensions..

Actually my problem arose several months ago, he sent me the files many weeks ago, I used them over a month ago, and I threw his away after installing. I am all the 'birds_whales' entries you see if you go back in time in this thread.

Hi

I have email the extensions and some other things that are also needed they are with a message explaining where to put them and some other things that you need to do

the apple updates are available from versiontracker.com

click on the OS 9 tab and search for apple you will get a lot of other different things or you can search for one at a time by using the names of files given.

If any further help is need please let me know.

Rob:cool:

Back