Classic Won't Boot (TrueBluEnvironment???)

bolindilly

John Galt Member
i can run classic when i log in as root... but, when i log in as any other name, even as my administrator name, i get the following error: "because i'm not logged in as "superuser (root)," i can't run it" or something to that effect...

how can i access classic when i'm not logged in as root???

BoLinDilly

Search for a post called something like 'super user lockout.' If you can find it, it will tell you how to solve your pobelm.

Hello All ...

i will try that "super user lockout" thing .. but let me tell my woes...

i have a beige G3. the original 6gig hard drive failed, so i got a 3gig SCSI drive (patitioned in 2) as the start up drvive .. anyways.. i figure since i have 6gig to fool with on my ATA drive .. went to install MACOSX on that ...

sounds good. problem is now i cant see my SCSI 3gig drive.. ...!

so i start up holding the shift/option/open-apple keys(after a couple tries to figure that out..) and i get to OS 9 with no extensions .. (cant get on the web that way) ...

i really want to like OSX .. but dangit i have to be able to get to my SCSI drive!!!

i copy a bunch of files over to the 6gig drive, but i am scared to move OS 9 system folder over .. ..which way is the right way? is there a folder inside of OSX that the OS9 must be in?? i will try tonite when i get home, but for now AQUA is nice, and the file system is disorienting, but very pretty...

and i feel like a hacker playing with the process viewer :D heeheeha!!!

but any time i try to lauch something "classic" i get a half drawn window that says that OS 9 cant be found ..

would it be so hard to have OS9.0.4 be included in the basic MACOSX install to refer to? just the core system folder .. ? and whats up with not seeing a SCSI disk? i think that there arent any "orginal" apple drivers on the disk .. again i know this is beta.. but i want to be able to switch 100% back and forth .. is that out of the question there?

i thought that the original user that i created on installation WAS SUPPOSED TO BE the super user ..?
i guess not?

anyways .. if you have any comments or want to email me, [zeimpossible@yahoo.com]

thanks for letting me vent :p
quix

To get that SCSI problem fixed, go to apple's web site and download the update!
For classic to work, make sure all your classic stuff (mainly the system folder) is in a folder named "Mac OS 9" then go to your prefrences and seclect the name of the hard drive classic is on.
Good luck!

Back