Clicking user on login, are you kidding me?

deke

Registered
So, on login with Catalina, I can no longer click on the user, then enter my password. I have to use the arrow keys to select a user, that is barely visually highlighted as selected, press return, then enter password, then press return. Is this a bug or what? What genius at Apple decided that the way we have logged in for 20 years suddenly needs to be changed. What brilliant programer forgot to somehow make the Mouse a part of logging in? I can move the cursor, I can click on stuff, but nothing happens. Goolging this shows I am not alone. Where is the well earned outrage here people?

Sense your on Catalina the boot into Recover Mode and repair permissions on startup main Mac OS partition! The should fix the problem!

Yes, that worked, so thank you. It is still absurd that a critical function such as the login screen is susceptible to this kind of ridiculous error and problem after an OS upgrade. It is 2021, not 1991. I have had Macs since the late 1980s. OS upgrades used to be fun. They used to include useful and innovative new functions. Now I dread Mac OS upgrades. In return for hassles like this I get what, visual dress up nonsense like "dark mode" and losing the ability use a dozen or so apps.

Back