Clipboard

SGilbert

Registered
Is there a clipboard folder for a multiple clips app. I use Kopypasta.
What I want to do is open a recent Time Machine backup and resurrect an item from Kopypasta's clipboard that I lost.
I have searched all possible combos on my current HD, and haven't found where they may be stored. Ideas?

The clipboard has to be stored somewhere, even if it's the simple one item Apple provides. No One??

Have you contacted support at Kopypaste?
Thinking outlaid...it could be using temporary memory and not storing it anywhere. As soon as you copy a second item, the first copy is gone.

Have you contacted support at Kopypaste?
Thinking outlaid...it could be using temporary memory and not storing it anywhere. As soon as you copy a second item, the first copy is gone.
1) No--Cannot, they seem to be out of biz. All web access just times out. :(
2) Kopypasta is an unlimited clipboard--holding many items.

Thinking outloud - (sorry for that typo above)...It has to be somewhere in the Library folder - either home library, HD library, or system library. possibly invisible???

Thinking outloud - (sorry for that typo above)...It has to be somewhere in the Library folder - either home library, HD library, or system library. possibly invisible???
I've searched high & wide, and cannot find. I search using EasyFind that includes invisible items.

As you have (but not yet) found - the file (or folder) could be stored in a wide variety of places.
I might suggest trying to add a few items (copying some random items) then search for new or updated files. Your Console might even be helpful, as it MIGHT list the activity as it happened (worth a look, but finding a reference to that in a console log can be challenging too!) Maybe you will get lucky - - unless the developer had decided to hide the "clipboard" folder by naming it something obscure, or, even better, did not store actual text, but encoded the clipboard contents, for more speed, or (who knows) some other reason. "abandonware", particularly with an narrow use, can leave you with not very many options.

Back