Clone a dual-booted Mac?

stephgreene

Registered
I've cloned lots of hard drives with out any problems in the past using Carbon Copy Cloner (wonderful piece of software!). Now I want to clone a dual-booted (XP/10.5) hard drive. I've never done one of these before - any advice? I found one utility that looks like it might work (and looks a lot like CCC) http://www.twocanoes.com/winclone/

Any advice would be appreciated!!

I use them both, but CCC gives you more "fine-tuning" options for backup and has incremental backup capability as well.

hey I have another question. I want to Dual-boot another MacBook (aside from the one mentioned in the original post). Can I use WinClone, firewire the two computers together and just clone another partition onto the second MacBook with out having to go through the trouble of installing all the drivers and such?

hey I have another question. I want to Dual-boot another MacBook (aside from the one mentioned in the original post). Can I use WinClone, firewire the two computers together and just clone another partition onto the second MacBook with out having to go through the trouble of installing all the drivers and such?

Microsoft XP will have the problem with doing that. You know how much Microsoft locked Windows with DRM protection.

Back