Codename for the successor of 'Panther'?

Isn't the point of this naming business to top the former name?
Most of the names mentioned above does not when it comes to speed, elegance, beauty etc.

The only name sugested above I mabye like was "Lion" BUT...what's a lion got that tops a Panther? No, I don't think thats a good idea :p

Mabye it's time after Panther to move over to another falang? :rolleyes:

/G

I thought they are going from the fastest big cat down to the slowest, ie cheetah, puma, jaguar, panther... tiger, lion etc. What is the slowest cat?

ocelot or Saber (as in sabertooth)

saber would be good be cause they could transition in to other things

Ocelot is the classiest name I ever heard.

Although I really want a snow-leopard, or... perhaps a tabbycat :).

I want a commercial for Panther that has:

"Mac OS X 10.3 Panther does such and such"

*cut to a Panther taking swipes at a window pane*

"Mac OS X 10.3 Panther can make such and such"

*Panther swipes again*

and so on and so forth, until at the end it's just the Panther looking smug and chewing on the windowframe. :)

So cute :).

I like Merc's response (in the link Tree posted): PUSSY! :D :D

I think it should be Tiger. Can't you just see the X decked out in orange, white and black stripes?

arden said:
I like Merc's response (in the link Tree posted): PUSSY! :D :D

I think it should be Tiger. Can't you just see the X decked out in orange, white and black stripes?

I had the same idea Arden. I am obsessed about the exceptional White Siberian Tiger. (the necplusultratiger)

maine coon
roflmao!

How about something that rides heard over the longhorn. Cowboy.

Ads could have bobw's avatar wielding an X branding iron! :)

You have never seen those animals in real. Tigers are wanted animals for rich people and the most wanted is the white siberian whatever the behavior of this dangerous tiger is.

Siberian tiger is nice. It is the only cat to go to. The lion is lazy and sedentary. The tiger exudes power.

Then apple could donate a portion of procedes to a save the tiger fund. Good marketing hook.

So, while 'other' people talk about security issues and new virus threats, we're talking wildlife? :p ... Great!

Yeah Fryke,

OS X, puts you at ease - so you can concentrate on the things in life that really matter; :) ;)

Get a couple of the white cats from Seigfried & Roy's closed show... Max OS 10.4... it's a killer! :D

Back