Codename for the successor of 'Panther'?

What about branching out from cats? Timberwolf, Grizzly Bear, etc.

Then again, maybe not...

I think they will branch out when passing to OS 11, or XI or whatever. In that case I'd suggest predatory birds: Sparrow, Hawk, Falcon etc. Elegant, sharp, fast, etc. just like the big cats.

Cat said:
What about serval?
They've got these HUUUGE POINTY EARS!!! :D

Nothing personal but...thats TERRIBLE!
Not your idea but the picture, for crying out loud :/

How could anybody capture a wild animal like that and chain him indoors?
The picture makes me sick!

Please don't have the bad judgment of posting other pictures like that again.
Not only does it make my stomake turn but makes me feel like crying.

And no...I'm not a wuss, just allergic to cruelty - small scale or big.

Regards
/G

I was just looking for any picture of a serval, and this was the topmost in Google.I'm sorry to have offended you and others, that was the last of my intentions. :(

Looking at the site it came from, the photo seemed to be taken at a party at the SanMarino library, with a lot of kids. The Serval appeared to be a pet of someone. I suppose it is addomesticated (tame) and has a place of it own to live. Most "wild" animals, when raised and treated properly, do not suffer from living in civilisation.

Ok, so everyone seems to be in the mood for staying in the animal kingdom..hmmm...what about Polar, as in Polar Bear? Nah...

The only two I kinda liked so far was Sabertooth and the white tiger (with another name, of course). The Siberian Tiger probably won't work ;)

Whatever they name the next OS, it has to be a name that has a huge likeness to what Apple wants the OS to represent - in many ways.

My question is still: is it necessary for Apple to continue in the jungle? :)

/G

After Puma for 10.1, Jaguar for 10.2 and Panther for 10.3, I suggest Cougar for the future 10.4. It's sounds great... but I don't understand why the Mac OS X Codenames are like felines...

::ha::

Ocelot, if for no other reason than to skew dictionary.com lookups for most frequently requested big cat names.

OS-a-lot! A-ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Ha.

I dunno, "ocelot" just doesn't convey what I think Apple is trying to incite in our imaginations to me. It sounds too much like sloth.

I am quite sure that Steve Jobs has choosen this cat. You see how the exceptional White Siberian Tiger is making ::love:: with an orange tiger.

Attachments

• white_tiger.jpg
    white_tiger.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 11
I take it you don't know who Roy Horn is... he's half of the illusionist act Sigfried & Roy.

Cougar is, of course, very American and doesn't mean all that much to us Europeans (although most of us have probably heard of it!)....

Saber-tooth sounds great, but you run into the problem that it's spelt differently over here (Sabre-tooth), although that doesn't normally stop US product designers or marketing executives....

Big Pussy - well even us English have a sense of humour (sorry, humor)!

Jet said:
ocelot or Saber (as in sabertooth)

saber would be good be cause they could transition in to other things

Almost a year ago I predicted 10.3 would be code-named Saber. I even made this cool picture:

http://homepage.mac.com/marceline407/.Pictures/saber.jpg
:p

But, almost anyone who was 13 a few years ago and owned a Gameboy knows that the master, nay, the lord of the cats is unquestionably Mew, the psychic Pokemon.
mew.jpg

I would love to see Steve Jobs tell everybody the next major update to Mac OS X is named after a character from a TV show that's not even popular anymore. Then this comes up on the screen:

http://homepage.mac.com/marceline407/.Pictures/mew-xv.jpg

But seriously folks, I think Apple should try and get off the cat names. But, if it had to be a cat I think cougar would be a pretty cool.;)

How about :confused: ..... MacOS 10.4 codename: "Pussy" :p

Okay, I've reached silly stage ;)

...now, lets think shall we.....

MacOS X 10.4 codename "longhorn kicker"

Peace.

Back