College students with Jobs HELP!

Stridder44

Universal Traveler
I am looking for a new job because my funds are in a constant state of decline. I would like to know what or where I can find a decent job that would allow me to continue furthering my education and maybe get a more reliable vehicle. Also please dont mention fastfood because we all know it's the devil. :p

Retailers are also popular. Sears is usually good at keeping your schedule light enough for your course load, though their sales positions are commission based (both a good thing and sometimes a bad thing).

i found bar work to be adequate. it's good fun, and you can make $$$ on tips depending on the bar. i walked away with an additional £50-odd most nights.

Lt Major Burns said:
i found bar work to be adequate. it's good fun, and you can make $$$ on tips depending on the bar. i walked away with an additional £50-odd most nights.
Definitely good money there, but in most states (USA) you have to be 21 (or 20 and a day) to work behind a bar or to serve alcohol. Most college students are 17 or 18 at the start of their freshman year.

i worked a bar in a restaurant through college, made great money doing it. only certain states require that you be a certain age to serve alcohol. i started bartending at 19/20'ish. good times. lots of ancillary benefits to being a bartender ;)

When I was in college, I was also serving in the army's reserves. Money wasn't that bad, and I got to do things you'd never experience anywhere else. You should take a look at it!

The army:

Go to exotic places,
Meet exotic people,
and kill them

Sorry.. I just had to add that.

Of course, if you serve in the reserves, you could go to Iraq..

Stridder44 said:
I am looking for a new job because my funds are in a constant state of decline.
Hey, I'm a lot older than you and my funds are always in a constant state of decline (for as long as I can remember). It's Parkinson's Law. The more you earn, the more you spend.

rhisiart said:
Hey, I'm a lot older than you and my funds are always in a constant state of decline (for as long as I can remember). It's Parkinson's Law. The more you earn, the more you spend.

lol

Ok well one thing I have been looking into is selling on eBay (mainly due to my lack of availability right now)...

A lot of ebayers buy DVDs for $15 (that's an example), sell them $10 on eBay and charge $20 for shipping and handling, while it costs them $2 to ship.

15+2 = $17, customer pays $30 and it's $13 in your pockets. However, it works only with eBay newbies who forgot to look at shipping costs.

It's legal, but not honest though...

Back