Comcast Faster!

Anyone using Comcast, and your date has arrived for the increase, and you don't see it, power off the modem and cable, reconnect and try. Mine today is

Test completed...
Bandwidth = 4294.7 Kbps

Was running between 1300-1600.

this thread is depressing :(

i am on a 56k modem with crappy phone lines leaving me at 28.8 kbps with no chance of cable or DSL

(but maybe satellite :eek:)

I can't find any reliable website to test this on. But with all the sites I have tested it on I get either 1 Mbps or slower.

And yes, I did unplug my modem for a minute...a couple weeks back in fact.

Trip said:
How do I power off everything?

Jab a fork in the outlet near the equipment. In addition to power outage, you may see a lights show and an interesting tingling sensation...

Trip said:
I can't find any reliable website to test this on. But with all the sites I have tested it on I get either 1 Mbps or slower.

And yes, I did unplug my modem for a minute...a couple weeks back in fact.
You most likely won't. Too many factors involved. That site has to have more bandwidth than you to start, without any other traffic on their connection. How many peer points, distance from you, etc. All those sites are good for is a general idea.

From 2wire.com I get "4473.7 Kbps".
From dslreports.com I get "1471 kbps"
From bandwidthplace.com I get "1247 kbps"

Huh?!

Trip said:
From 2wire.com I get "4473.7 Kbps".
From dslreports.com I get "1471 kbps"
From bandwidthplace.com I get "1247 kbps"

Huh?!
2wire isn't a very congested site. Plus, I'll bet they cripple the numbers at the latter two so that you'll buy connections from them, thinking your connection sucks.

Yay! I just got the speed boost a few days ago and I'm getting a pretty constant 350kb/sec when downloading from a fast server :) Ty Comcast

just updated comcast in my area. I ran 2wire connection, and it says I have a blazingly fast theoretical speed of 284 Kbs. bandwidthplace.com says I have a speed of 204.

Wtf?

Could get 10mbit for 15 bucks a month back home (sweden). Moved to the U.S and could be happy to find a decent DSL 512k that didn't rob me blind every month.

Man... and now they're offering upgrades to 100mbit at home. Can you even get 10 in the U.S? I doubt it.. Damn

Back