Comparing Dubya to Steve Jobs? Can you say blasphemy?

Not to mention that Jobs holds dinners for the likes of Clinton, Al Gore is on the board of directors for Apple, and he's a diehard Democrat... hehe...

But, then again, the citizens of the United States usually overlook the fact that our two prominent political parties are actually really close to each other "on the spectrum" compared with the rest of the world's political parties.

Yea I agree with you. I think Dubya makes alot of really wrong and bad decisions and then comes off saying he's all religous and doing it for god. I don't know of any religous people that start large wars with eternally messed up countries and then say their working with god. Blasphemy!

Most people I know however never heard of Steve Jobs, but I think Steve Jobs is like the opposite of Bush. Instead of making a whole lot of bad desicions Steve Jobs makes all the right decisions, and instead of being a major dork like Bush, Steve Jobs is like the coolest cat ever.

Bush seems to say all the wrong things, Steve says all the right things... I dunno maybe it's a bad analogy. But yea Dubya is like nothing compared to Steve Jobs, at least Steve Jobs tripped on acid and that will make anyone a much broader guy. I think that's partly why Steve Jobs is so smart, cuz of the acid.

dayum I would love to trip with Steve Jobs

whitesaint said:
Yea I agree with you. I think Dubya makes alot of really wrong and bad decisions and then comes off saying he's all religous and doing it for god. I don't know of any religous people that start large wars with eternally messed up countries and then say their working with god. Blasphemy!

Most people I know however never heard of Steve Jobs, but I think Steve Jobs is like the opposite of Bush. Instead of making a whole lot of bad desicions Steve Jobs makes all the right decisions, and instead of being a major dork like Bush, Steve Jobs is like the coolest cat ever.

Bush seems to say all the wrong things, Steve says all the right things... I dunno maybe it's a bad analogy. But yea Dubya is like nothing compared to Steve Jobs, at least Steve Jobs tripped on acid and that will make anyone a much broader guy. I think that's partly why Steve Jobs is so smart, cuz of the acid.

dayum I would love to trip with Steve Jobs

Um... Bush most likely has tripped as well. He has most likely smoked weed and snorted some coke in his day. So that is not quite accurate. He's a born again christian.

And there are sects of people who declare Jihad on other countries and religious groups and say it is in the name of Allah. People blow up abortion clinics in the name of God. No it's not a country taking out another nation, but it is the same thing on a smaller scale.

I am not defending Bush. No need to. However, I am just pointing out your misconceptions.

Well personally I don't like Bush at all, but I love Steve Jobs. Is there any proof that Bush tripped on acid? or coke?

Well the thing about the Islamic people blowing up crap all the time and murdering people,and then saying their doing it for god, is we all know that they are insane.

But I see that Bush is kinda doin somewhat the same thing now that I look at it in ur point of view.

The scary thing is many Americans may think that Bush is in his right mind, while a few people like me think he's crazy. And then all of us American's think the extremists blowing crap up are completely insane and out of thier mind, And then prolly the Iraqi's and Muslims in the middle east think that Al Qaeda and the Islamist extremists are doing the right thing and that Bush is really crazy and America is really evil!

Damn the terrorists say they're doing it for god. Bush says he's doing it for god. I guess our greatest enemies our ourselves and we need to just stop interferring with what other countries do.

whitesaint said:

Uh, more wars have been fought in the name of God than for any other cause. And the reason those countries are eternally messed up because of the wars they've fought in the name of God and because of how tightly God is tied to Government.

As for Bush, you're seriously oversimplifying. Plus, you're ignoring the fact that the majority of the country agrees with him. Now, that sucks. I don't agree with him. I'm completely anti-religion - I hate it, mostly for the reasons I've listed. But, most of the country agrees with him on social issues like Gay Marriage and Stem Cell Research. It's a shame, but it's a fact.

As for war, well, the war was brought to us, not the other way around. Remember that. And if you have your intelligence agency, Britian's intelligence agency, and the "President" of Russia all telling you that Iraq has WMDs (which btw they have used in the past and not accounted for), you don't screw around. You don't screw around with millions of lives at stake and listen to a group of talkers (i.e. France, Germany, U.N. as a whole) who you know are in league with the very administration who is threatening you. The fact is, Iraq had WMDs, they hid them or worse sold them, they couldn't account for them and now neither can we. We just don't know why. Worst case scenario.. they were sold to terrorists. Maybe not Al Queda, but some group. Personally, I think Saddam was making it seem like he had WMD's when he actually didn't so that neighboring countries wouldn't attack, but that's another story.

Okay, feel free to comment or not. Sorry to go on such a tirade. I just get worked up about these things...

whitesaint said:
Well personally I don't like Bush at all, but I love Steve Jobs. Is there any proof that Bush tripped on acid? or coke?

Well the thing about the Islamic people blowing up crap all the time and murdering people,and then saying their doing it for god, is we all know that they are insane.

But I see that Bush is kinda doin somewhat the same thing now that I look at it in ur point of view.

The scary thing is many Americans may think that Bush is in his right mind, while a few people like me think he's crazy. And then all of us American's think the extremists blowing crap up are completely insane and out of thier mind, And then prolly the Iraqi's and Muslims in the middle east think that Al Qaeda and the Islamist extremists are doing the right thing and that Bush is really crazy and America is really evil!

Damn the terrorists say they're doing it for god. Bush says he's doing it for god. I guess our greatest enemies our ourselves and we need to just stop interferring with what other countries do.

PS. Bush says he's doing it in the name of freedom and security, not in the name of God. He actually doesn't talk much about God in his speeches, if you read the transcripts or really pay attention. Bush isn't crazy.. that's the role he's playing. Think about it, if he seemed completely docile (like for example, John Kerry), he wouldn't be able to get anything done. He needs to seem like a little bit of a cowboy for the terrorists to fear him... they don't know what to expect from him, and that's a good thing for us. Then you have Condi Rice or in the past Colin Powell going in to the other nations and smoothing things over behind the scenes. I have a lot of family in government.. believe me this is what's happening. It isn't the first time and it won't be the last. The terrorists wanted Bush out of office, and that's reason enough for me to want to keep him in.

It may sound strange, but I'd rather see Bush being called the Steve Jobs of politics, than seeing Steve Jobs being called the Bush of the computer industry ...

macgeek said:
...The terrorists wanted Bush out of office...

Where did you get that from ?

Bush is the one making the biggest noise around terrorism... and terrorists need this noise for their "activity" to make sense.

We'll see if he performs so good now that he defends "freedom" and "democracy".

This is a mac forum, not a political debate forum :D . I just think it's cool that "Bush is like the endlessly creative (and fabulously wealthy) founder and CEO of Apple Computer, Steve Jobs."

macgeek said:
You don't screw around with millions of lives at stake and listen to a group of talkers (i.e. France, Germany, U.N. as a whole) who you know are in league with the very administration who is threatening you.

i find that really offensive. and really stupid.

get over the fact that Bush acted like a rotten cop taking the chance of beating up someone with the excuse "i thought he had a weapon, i was doing it to protect myself".

Oh my [Goddess-of-choice]! This again? Do we _really_ have to have this? I mean... I always say: Why the hell compare something or someone to something else if not for the sole reason you're out of words describing the thing or person of choice? Why should it even be INTERESTING whether Steven P. Jobs is the Will Smith or the Pamela Anderson or the Toulouse-Lautrec or Picasso of the computer industry? RICHTIG! It's NOT of any interest at ALL. The only time I use such metaphers is when talking to people who're unable to think outside their tiny little world. For example you'd probably have to explain the relativity theory to a bus chauffeur talking about busses and cars, even though they'd never reach anything near speed of light, anyway. But aren't we able to think of Steve Jobs as a person who's CEO of Apple? Do we have to define whether he'd be a good or bad dictator or president or king or something? I'm pretty sure you could find similarities between S.J. and Homer Simpson, Adolf Hitler and Marilyn Monroe as well. But whether those similarities are really there or not doesn't really matter, because it just isn't really NECESSARY to discuss it.

So: If you _do_ feel the need to express your pro or contra G.W. Bush feelings, I suggest the Café or better yet - a talk show or something. In here, we should rather compare Steve Jobs to his predecessors and successors as CEO at Apple.

All that said, I think Steve Jobs is the Fryke of the computer industry. You know, he's right and all. ;)

whitesaint said:

Running the government and ever uttering the word God (in a governmental context) at all is Blasphemy, IMHO. Separation of Church and State is a wasted notion in the modern American Government. Fact is, we live in a religious replublic and the fear isn't of having a Godless society... the fear is in becoming a hard line, fundamentalist religious society. That is the fear. That is what we must learn to buffer against. And this most recent round elections scared the hell out of me in that context.

$.02

macgeek said:
Uh, more wars have been fought in the name of God than for any other cause. And the reason those countries are eternally messed up because of the wars they've fought in the name of God and because of how tightly God is tied to Government.

As for Bush, you're seriously oversimplifying. Plus, you're ignoring the fact that the majority of the country agrees with him. Now, that sucks. I don't agree with him. I'm completely anti-religion - I hate it, mostly for the reasons I've listed. But, most of the country agrees with him on social issues like Gay Marriage and Stem Cell Research. It's a shame, but it's a fact.

You, sir, get the gold cigar. I couldn't have said it better.

I maintain that any society that kills in the name of the God we all learned about is the a big, steaming pile of hypocritical crap.

$.02

chornbe said:
Running the government and ever uttering the word God (in a governmental context) at all is Blasphemy, IMHO. Separation of Church and State is a wasted notion in the modern American Government. Fact is, we live in a religious replublic and the fear isn't of having a Godless society... the fear is in becoming a hard line, fundamentalist religious society. That is the fear. That is what we must learn to buffer against. And this most recent round elections scared the hell out of me in that context.

$.02
OK, I'm sick of people crying about Bush & company's religiousity.

"Separation of Church & State" was meant to prevent a state religion like the one found in England circa 1776, not remove all traces of religion from government.

And please don't persecute Christians or any other religion when you "buffer" against this fictitious hard line, fundamentalist religous society.

Still a stupid topic.

Federally mandated morality scares me. Government definitions of family and personal unions scare me. Government money feeding church-based social programs scare me. Churches and religious organizations giving monies to political parties scare me. Such things worry me. I'm someone with a generally conservative outlook on things. I'm not a hard liner by any stretch, but I've always been "with" the conservatives on most things. But lately... I just can't get behind the way I see things going.

Back