Computer doesnt see usb drives-Anywhere.

bigdog1988

Registered
Hi there,

I know this question has been posted lots and talked about on forums, but my situation is very different.

I have 2 seperate usb removable hard drives (500GB each) that I use on my imac running tiger. I have used both for over a year and they always worked just fine. Suddenly today, I turned them on and neither one works at all. They aren't recognized in finder, disk utility or anywhere and its like they don't exist as far as the computer is concerned. They are plugged in, there would be no reason they aren't working as they are connected, powered up and I haven't done anything different to them since they worked before.

BobAGraham@gmail.com

Thanks! That did the trick perfectly!

Wonder why?

One last thing... Id like to clean up my mac, without deleting all my programs etc and reloading everything...Is there a way to sort of refresh it? Clean it out?

Use OnyX or Yasu for cleaning and maintenance
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11582 make sure to get the correct version (10.4 for 10.4 etc) - with that you can do most of the maintenance tricks with a simple gui. So at least clean the caches, run daily monthly and weekly scripts to start with.

Back