Congrats to Ak!!

edX

mac shaman
I just noticed AdmiralAk has passed 3000 posts tonite!! I have no doubt the total is climbing as I type. So raise your coffee mugs and toast Ak as he officially needs a life more than any of the rest of us. which is saying a lot ;). (i personally went a little post crazy today myself - avoiding cleaning the imac's room!) :D

ak ak ak ak ak ak ak ak ak ak

I pronounce it ack when i am reading it. is this right?

lol
first off thanks :p
secondly its more like AK47 (in pronounciation terms :p)
Thirdly, should we appoint a macosx.com commission to find me a girlfriend ?:p maybe that will peal me from the computer :p

Admiral
PS: who won the bets ?

we could probably find you a girlfriend, but could she find you with your location being clasified and all that? of course she would probably have to be a 'puter geek too, to tolerate your habit, so that would mean more time at the computer, not less. But it still might slow your posting down as both hands would probably not be free to type:p

I'm surprised a guy like you doesn't have a different webcam girlfriend 'on every port':D

and from now on i will say A K, though i kinda like ack.

mine's pronounced sprool. how were you saying it?

btw - this is my 100th post. got a ways to go to catch you.

Actually I was just saying "ed" :p

As for the girlfriend, let teh commitee find here and the location shall be reveled on a need to know basis :p
--> All the girls can check me out on the "pist your pic thread " :p <--

Admiral

well that is obviously a typo :p :p :p

As for teh ak ak ak ak ak ak.... I dont remember the martians saying that....

I do remember though:
"You can tell the american people that they have 2 out of 3 branches of teh government working for them, and that aint bad" he he

Admiral

as for the "ak ak ak ak ak ak ak ak ak ak", i was actually referring to part of a song. I've got that line so stuck in my head now that I can't remember the name of it or even who did it. I just know the end of the line is "...heart attack ack ack ack ack..." But i wasn't wishing a heart attack on Ak. that stutter part of the song just popped into my head every time i pronounced his name as ack. I finally just couldn't contain it any longer and had to type it!! But i'm glad you brought up the movie anyway. I have fond memories of watching that one with my son when he was younger. It was one of those movies that came along and helped him move from cartoons to "real" movies. Of course, we both still love good cartoons, but now I don't have to watch disney movies 100 times each!!

Ak, you sure that "Pist" wasn't a Freudian slip?

As deniro said in "analyze this"
(please dont take this personally or as an insult...just quoting ;) )

" Fuck Freud! He is a sick bastard! I cant even call my mother on the phone now!"

he he he

You guys should see that movie...mad funny :D

Admiral

yep, that's another good movie. and i agree with the line. on the other hand, the'slip' may be freud's most significnt contribution to the field of therapy. of course, sometimes a typo is just a typo.

jeez, I still can't remember the rest of that song. this is bugging me. I want to say the rest of the line is "she's giving me a heart attack ack....." .oh well, i'm sure i'll hear it on the radio before long and then i will feel stupid for not knowing. Cmon Admiral, you're the DJ. don't you know the one I'm talking about? someday you'll be reduced to doing wedding receptions and you'll need to know stuff like this when the grandparents ask for requests!!;)

Billy Joel, Movin' out (Anthony's Song), available on the Complete Hits album, I don't recall the original album of release. Billy Joel and Elton John, I just can't at all keep their albums straight, probably due in large part due to the sheer body of work.

On frued, yeah, sick, Shakespeare was a horny little bastard, but he was no Frued.

"Woohoo, Uhhuhh,
Anthony works in the grocery store, saving his pennies for someday.
Mama leoni left a note on the door she said 'Sonny move out to the country'
Oh but workin' too hard can give you a heart attack ak ak ak ak ak47
You oughta know by now (You oughta know by now)
Who needs a house out in Hackensack, is that all you get for your money
And it seems such a waste of time, if that's what it's all about,
Mama if that's movin up then I'm (dramatic pause) movin' out."

... I have a couple of ports that could use a web cam girlfriend. ;-) I'd gladly take the leftovers if we organize an AK needs a honey drive

that's it theed, that's it!! Great job!! now i will be able to go to sleep tonite without it driving me bonkers. I knew i wasn't just making it up in my head:D . (I can't get it out of my head now, but oh well)

you'll have to talk to Ak about leftovers. He might want to keep 'em all. But I will vouch for you that you were first in line. Maybe we should just start a new dating forum here at macosx.com. but do you think it would work - could an imac really have a long lasting, meaningful relationship with a G5? could a b&wG3 really hit it off with a cube? Of course they would have things in commmon, but wouldn't the power differential be a little awkward?

Mama leoni left a note on the door she said 'Sonny move out to the country'
Oh but workin' too hard can give you a heart attack ak ak ak ak ak
You oughta know by now (You oughta know by now)
Who needs a house out in Hackensack, is that all you get for your money
And it seems such a waste of time, if that's what it's all about.....

could an imac really have a long lasting,
meaningful relationship with a G5? could a b&wG3 really hit it off with a cube? Of course they would have things in commmon, but
wouldn't the power differential be a little awkward?

lol thats hillarious :p

As for the leftovers...I dont think its morally right to keep all for myself :p

For the life of me I STILL cant remember how that song you are talking about goes...the music I mean...its been a long time since I have seen that movie....oh well...the only sonf I remember from that movie was the Tom Jones song "its not unusual"...hey was that song in there or am I making it up ? :confused:

Admiral

So what about it gang ,are we going to try and find the Admiral an extension (girlfriend:p ). If so, we are going to need a .plist from him. Just how do you want this machine to function? Should it be fast and wild? petite and shy? average and unassuming? or intelligent and witty? Do you want the Fat app or the bare bones? Should it (pardon,...she) be a new model, a classic or is just working ok? What kind of interests should she have? What's required and what's optional?

in all seriousness Ak, sitting down and figuring out what you really want in a woman is one of the most important steps to finding a relationship that works. I spent over 30 years chasing after whatever came along, even got married for a couple of those years. One nite, I literally sat down at my computer and made a list of things i really wanted in a woman . I printed it out and folded it up in my wallet. whenever i would meet a new girl i would pull it out after our time together and add up the points so to speak. alone, not in front of her. Within a year and a half i found the woman i have been with for 9 1/2 years. the search goes quicker when you stop wasting time. (of course, some amount of time wasting can be fun when you are young!!)

so why not get yourself started and describe your dream girl to us? Who knows, she might read this and respond to you. I know lots of girls in their early to late tweenties in my grad school program who are always complaining about not being able to find a single, straight man (it is the SF Bay Area after all) . they really mean they can't find a man smart enough for them as far as i can tell. so give us a description and maybe i'll hand out your web address to the right one. That picture of you in the bathing suit was more than i wanted to see, but the girls might like it :D I know one of the girls at school used to date guys from aol all the time. They flew in from all over the country to see her.

and again, your're the Dj. go find the mp3 on the web somewhere and listen to it. I never have learned how to do that napster kind of thing but my dj buddies (who are now reduced to doing wedding receptions) have huge collections they have gotten this way:cool:

lol so you want me to make my hard thought of list public :eek: ??? lol :p

I thought about what I wanted in a woman when I canned my X...(no we wont go into that :p).

So SF is populated by nice looking intelligent girls eh ? ok thats where I am coming...MacWorld is coming up no ??? Should be a good opportunity ;-)

but alas...I have to work...its what pays for my education so I cant default on it :p

Maybe they can meet me in greece this summer...promise to be fun lol ;-)

Admiral

he's just trying to remind us all of the difference between quality and quantity. It's an interesting statement. That focussing strictly on quantity can make the whole experience so bad that those whe focus at least partially on quality end up with greater quantity. He's trying to make a point there that quality matters, and that the market share will likely follow. Therefore we shouldn't be upset about Apple's meager market share and microsoft getting a pat on the back by the US DoJ for being focussed solely on quantity instead of true innovation, long term sustainability, and improving the user experience in a fundamental way. Let bygones be bygones. Good things will comes come to those who wait. And focus on quality. An excellent and insightful post Herve. Way to go.

(His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson. His name is...)

theed, I hereby nominate you for 'official genius' status. first you know the song, then you figure all that out from herve's posts!! and here i was just going to reply with a congratulation to herve for hitting 300 posts. If herve is trying to criticize Ak's mass number of postings, then let me defend Ak by saying that while he may have a lot of short, noninformative posts - most of those that i have read have been very social, entertaining, on topic, and welcome. He also has done some very informative posts such as his "how to use the terminal" series that i hope he picks back up at some point. Ak's 3000+ posts are a sign that he is a real and viable part of this community. I started this thread simply as a sign of my recognition of this. It is a shame that others have not stopped in and added their congrats as well. ( how apple's market share got into this thread i can't figure out)

btw, congrats herve on passing 300 posts.

now Ak, about this girlfriend thing. don't go all shy on us now. I am sure i could find you a dozen good looking, intelligent women to meet you in greece this summer if you're springing for the ride. But narrowing the field would make alot more sense. of course i still think the right girl may be lurking out there right now, just waiting for some little clue from you. Do you realize that this thread has been viewed 95 times as i post this. Subtract the 19 posts and you have as many as 76 people just checking it out. it is the 3rd most popular thread in site discussion:D When i post this it will have the most replies of any thread in this forum. Who would have figured?

Back