Connect On startup

Big Tom

Registered
Is it posible to conect to a server on startup without having to gothrough Finder > Go > Connect to Server > enter user name / password? I have stored my Password in keychain, but still require to connect in this way

Make an alias of the server share, then put it in your login items (System Preferences > Accounts).

This may still ask you for a username and password, though -- I believe the option to save the login information is there in the "connect" window, but I find that it only remembers my credentials sporadically.

I like to have my eMac automatically connect to my G4 over ethernet when it starts up, so I've done the alias trick also. However, it does seem a bit un-Apple not to have an option to just do the connection process automatically. I shouldn't have to put in a password for my own ethernet network, especially with the same password on both of my Macs.

(I've also noticed that my credentials are a bit on the sporadic side)

If you want to avoid the automatic connection route, just connect to the drive, then drag the drive's icon into your dock, next to the trash to create a shortcut. Then, if your keychain has the login/pass saved, it's a one click mount.

Back