Connecting a mac to a windows 2003 cluster file share

jonno232

Registered
Hi All,
I am having problems connecting a couple of macs to some windows 2003 file shares. I have bound the macs to the domain. but when I try to connect it just says my password is incorrect when I know its right!

Any ideas?

Mnay Thanks in advance

Hi jonno232,

I guess I'm a bit confused about exactly what you're trying to accomplish here. Do you want the Mac to authenticate to the Windows domain, using Windows accounts? Or do you just want to be able to mount a shared volume on the W2K3 machine? Exactly how are you trying to "connect"? Please describe more of what your intentions are and how you bound the Mac to the domain, and I'll have a better idea of how to troubleshoot.

I am just trying to mount a file share from one of our windows 2003 clusters on a couple of Macs in our design office. They are running Mac OS X 10.4.7. I used the directory service utility to join the Macs to the domain. I am using the "connect to server" smb://win2k3.cluster.com/fileshare and I have created a couple of InetOrgPerson Accounts in Active Directory to authenticate.

I found an article about a group policy that can be applied to get them to work but it doesn't seem to work on a cluster. Where you to object set Digitally sign communications (always) to disabled. I have setup file shares that work off win2k3 machines before but this is the first time I have tried off a cluster.

I hope thats a bit clearer!

Many Thanks.

Jonno

I don't know you setup but try the web site MacWindows. Pay attention to the side panel on the front page to find something similar in your general setup. All this page does is post Windows/Mac networking problems and fixing.

Back