Connecting to local WindowsServer 2003 File Server

drindles

Registered
I have been having great difficulty in connecting my MacTel 10.4 MacBook Pro to my home network file server. I can see the server in the Network portion of the finder. I select the server, it prompts me for a user name and password and then I get an error message that the alias is broken. I can at times connect to my XP boxes but at others not at all.

Any ideas?

I found a fix at a site. Here is the fix:
Name: Krager said:
One note: If this is a domain controller, you will need to set it with the 'Domain Controller Security Policy' editor under the 'Administrative Tools' Menu. Otherwise it'll be reset nightly.
You need to go to 'Security Settings', 'Local Policies', 'Security Options'. You then need to set the 'Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications' to disabled. It is enabled by default.
Lastly there was a MacOSHints hint about this too.

Also if you get in and if you loose connection to the share after a while, Microsoft issued a knowledge base file for the timeouts.

One more thing. If you are going to be puttings Macs on Windows domains keep the web site MacWindows in mind because all they talk about (check the archives to the right on the slash page) is integrating Macs & Windows.

Back