Connectivity-Wi-Fi

Nisha S

Registered
Unable to join to Wi-Fi on the ipod touch as it is not accepting the password.Any idea What can be done

Check to make sure you're using the right password (passwords are case-sensitive, so to the router, "pAssword" is as different from "password" as "banana" is from "12345678")?

What make/model is the wireless access point? What type of encryption does it use (WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP, EAP, RADIUS)? Is it an 802.11a/b/g/n access point?

I have the same problem. I just bought an iPod touch 3G for the first time. My iMac intel core 2 duo has a wireless and a bluebooth wireless.

I set up a password with four digits on iPod and connected it to iMac. It showed up the list on the bluebooth's preferences system. My iMac is still not opening something maybe the airport - the red dot. I don't know what I am doing with these problems because I am confused.

I also am thinking of my Intego NetBarrier X5 that could be another problem.

I thought that the Mac OS 6 is supposed to be easy for me to set it up.

Your iPod touch will not be able to do anything over bluetooth with your iMac. Bluetooth is useless on the iPod touch and iPhone if you wish to use it to "sync." It is non-functional and a dead end to pair your iPod touch with your Mac over bluetooth, and you cannot use a bluetooth connection with your iPod touch for network/internet access with your iMac.

If you're trying to set up your iPod touch to connect wirelessly and be able to access the internet, then you want nothing to do with bluetooth -- you want wifi instead. Whether or not this involves your desktop iMac at all depends on how your wireless network is set up.

* What kind of internet service are you using -- DSL? Fiber? Cable?
* Are you using a wireless router, by LinkSys, D-Link, Belkin, Apple, etc.?
* Is your iMac connected to the internet via a wireless connection, or a wired connection (ethernet)?

Okay. What would you suggest me to start with? I really need to start it over.

I have two Apple computers to connect a wired router (D-Link) and a wired cable modem. My iMac has the WiFi. I want to use the iMac for my iPod.

I will ask you another question later about how to use my iPod if I'm at a restaurant that has a WiFi service.

Okay. What would you suggest me to start with? I really need to start it over.

I have two Apple computers to connect a wired router (D-Link) and a wired cable modem. My iMac has the WiFi. I want to use the iMac for my iPod.

I will ask you another question later about how to use my iPod if I'm at a restaurant that has a WiFi service.

So I'm guessing you want to have your iMac share the connection from your Cable Modem over wireless to your iPod Touch?

In that case go to System Preferences>Sharing, go to Internet Sharing on the left menu, then choose to share your connection from Ethernet and to computers using Airport (check the box next to Airport). After all that is done, check the box next to Internet Sharing to the left of the window. Your done, find your network on your iPod.

Thank you for solving my problem. It took about five minutes for me to set it up. I wasted a few hours. I was afraid that the price was a rip-off because it didn't come with a video camera or a still-camera, and a voice recorder especially a wireless problem. Now, it is working with the wireless for emails and Safari as long as I care for now. Whew! Thanks again!

I will have to learn how to use the iTune, and how to backup my personal apps and others (?) in case my iPod erases all the info in it when the password fails ten times. I don't like the idea of ten times because someone would own it and use it which I paid for it.

My mother told me that it was not worth for me to ask an employee at a bookstore how to connect the store's WiFi. My iPod said that it needs to access an username and a password. I thought that it was free for everyone to use it with their iPod or iPhone in most stores.

Another issue about the WiFi, it asked me to sign an AT&T's contract with ten long pages of complicated fine prints. Of course, I refused to sign it.

Back