Contrasty Monitor profile

Brett61

Registered
When I boot up my G5, now running 10.4.7 (though the problem was happening on earlier versions). The monitor comes on, then as the menu bar opens it switches to a hyper contrasty blown out profile, like srgb on heat. I can fix it by rotating the screen then resetting it (in the systems preferences/apple studio display/displays box). But cant find any preference that it is sourcing to do this. Monitor colur display is set to adobe rgb 1998 / white point 6500 / 1.8 standard gamma /
Have run permissions etc. as well as colour sync doctor, no joy. Also reinstalled operating system and updated, Hope I am not faced with a complete reinstall

???????

Is there maybe some simple overall monitor preference that I can't find ?

Any help appreciated

Brett

Try looking under "Universal Access" in the System Preferences -- there's an option in there to adjust the contrast of the monitor (for those who are sight-impaired).

Fixed,
Its funny (not) how stessed something like this can make me. What a great start to the day thanks. Irony is that with the heightened contrast selected it made the sceen almost impossible to read, so much for the sight impaired.

thanks again
Brett

Back