Contribute is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satcomer

In Geostationary Orbit
Scott,

All of a sudden your server emailed me saying my VIP access has expired. So I went to the site and saw that I am now see adds again. So I went to contribute online but the secure site kept saying the security certificate has expired and would not load the page in either Safari (v.4.04) or Firefox (v3.5.6). Hence I was unable to connect to the VIP donation page at all.

To have you server send the email then have no way but snail mail to send for the VIP re-up.

On every thread and the main forums page also. I am starting not to like this and am considering of leaving if this long time member is still ignored. This site is starting to feel like abandon-ware. :(

Cheryl is trying the best she can because Scott is "busy". It looks like the contribution page is broken.

It is still broken today and the adds are back and I can not contribute do to abandonment of this site.

The site was down early Sunday morning, Ferdinand was here as well. The “broken page” may be related to that.

Well it is still broken and my past contributions (the server is telling me) is no longer good and is showing me adds, etc. and I can't still contribute. I guess Scott is to good to take my money!!!

You do have the "Green" username, which does mean you are a contributor though. I find it odd what you are saying though, I have never seen ads while I have been logged in. I can't remember if there were ads before I was in the user group of Volunteer Techs. I also have an email address without ever having to pay for anything.

EDIT: Well after looking, it seems the reason why you have ads is because you aren't in the Volunteer Techs group.

Well I still am prevented to contribute on the site, through the site. Plus Cheryl tried her heart out to help but I still can't contribute any money through the site.

Do a favor for me. go to the very top of the page and click on the "Account" button. Does it it let you in? Plus go to the "About US" and when the About page comes up see if you can contribute from that page. The server just keeps asking for my username/password over and over again never letting me in.

I just tried to get to the account page and the contribute page where it asks me how much I want to contribute and both seems to be working from my end.

This is really weird...

Where is Scott actually? I haven't seen him for ages.

hiding and working from in the shadows :)

Satcomer, Check to see if you have cookies enabled.

hiding and working from in the shadows :)

Satcomer, Check to see if you have cookies enabled.

Yes I do. Plus as I said before it happens with any browser (Safari 4, Latest Camino & FireFox, plus from FireFox on my Windows 7 partition). Since others are not having the problem then the server has something wrong with my account on the server. So maybe copying my info, then deleting my account, then make a new account and put my information in it and see if that helps.

No, I can't delete your account because all of your posts will go goofy when I re-enter you.
I just doubled checked your account... give it a try now. PM me if you still continue to have trouble.

It is still broken. The very same problem I first described (except for the adds now) about it return me to another login chance even though it logs me into the forum but only the forum.

I still guess Scott dosn't want my money because I am not good enough to pay him. Sorry but this will be my last post, bye!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back