Cool Mac OS X screenshot

I would only reccomend limewire to users with DSL/Cable+ connections. Trying to keep in contact with a lot of hosts can be extremely demanding of a connection, i've reached points where even 1.5Mbps wasn't even enough. If you have the connection, try it out, it's definitely the app that will fill napster's void. Plus, its available for just about every os, there's java versions too.

Hehehe, best client for gnutella has to be gnut. Console all the way :)

I set min_connections to 25, wait for a few hundred thousand files to be online, type in obscure B-side X, wait for around 100 hits, then browse until I find a likely candidate.

What's really good is that you can specify ranges, ie download results 1-23. Except for the odd segfault, it's great. I'm pretty sure there's an OSX port on macosx.forked.net. I mostly use it on my openBSD box and screen it after telling it to download 30-40 things. Having a machine with only power and network rocks ;) However, I ought to modify the source a little bit so that I can search for only fast servers, a granted weakness.

What I really want to do is get rich, get myself a cube and use wireless... ONE CABLE IN! Hehehe...

I got them from "www.xicons.com" they have plenty of icons there. But to answer you question more specifically, they are in a group called "Apagrapha Heads" in the "Misc" or "Featured" Tab at Xicons.com. Hope that helps.

-whitesaint

Back