Coolest iPod Ever

I will still go for the classic Frost... :) I want to preserve the look of the snowy iPod. My preference.

But if I am only given a choice between those two you mentioned... then Frogger it is... Glow Worm looks dodgey after a while.

I have to go with the consensus and say frost. Maybe blue mist. I think the last 5 colors look a little more tasteful and fit the iPod a little better

After dropping my iPod the day I bought it ... I purchased an iSkin (Frost) and I love it. Fits like a glove and really does a good job of protecting. I dropped it again just a few days ago and didn't even flinch. In addition to protecting my investment it keeps my iPod from sliding off my lap while operating in the car and stays put when it's in my pocket.

Has anyone seen them for sale anywhere? I'm more likely to buy one at CompUSA or the Apple Store.

Twister

I had one, but they attract dust and dirt like nobody's business.

I got myself the Xtrememac kit and love it!

my "dream" is to mount my ipod in my car somehow (like in the dashboard or near the cd player), then go on a month long road trip. has anyone done this or something similar? please post pics.

Well... if something similar includes building a small single board computer using linux and mpg123, hiding it in the interior panels in the hatch of my camaro and wiring up an infrared controller to control everything, yea, I guess I've done it :D
Believe me... doing this with an ipod would be both easier and cheaper. Of course I do have a 60 gig HD in my comp.

I have the only 802.11 wired Camaro SS in the county!
Sorry, no pics right now. I'm at work.

Yeah I have plans for both an in-car ipod installation and a moveable xserve terminal using two flat screens pulled off of the new imacs. Unfortunately I have no time and no money. For now I just plug the ipod into the home stereo and call it quits.

Incidentally, has anyone used one of those FM transmitters for their ipod/walkman? Living in a saturated city like Dallas, I wonder if there would be a ton of interference.

Dave

Edit: The camero sounds like the real definition of wardriving!

Originally posted by dave17lax

Edit: The camaro sounds like the real definition of wardriving!

Hopefully I'll get that serious with it later... right now I only have a small keypad and IR remote as control. and a 2x40 LCD display to scroll ID3 tag information and a small graphic EQ. The wireless LAN is only for mounting my SMB share on my desktop and adding/removing mp3's and playlists. I'll need to get an external antenna to get any real range out of it. The distance from my driveway to the house is about all it likes to do!

I want to add an LCD and wireless keyboard sometime... but that's when space, time, and money will allow. I have no clue where I would put the screen. My car's already cramped as it is and I don't want to go cutting into anything on a new car.

Edit: To answer your question about the FM transmitter... You really don't have to worry about any interferance because they're barely powerful enough to reach from your seat to your antenna. Some people have good luck with them, some don't. I've never had any luck with them. The sound quality is way to low for my enjoyment but YMMV. I ended up building an interface that simulates a CD changer in my car and used the CD changer input on the back of my Head unit in my car and fed the sound card into that. You will have a lot better luck if you use auxillary inputs on the front or back of your radio, if you have them.

Yeah my CD players doesn't have any input jack on the front. Do they normally have something inside that I could use, maybe splice into? I agree that hardwired would be best.

it's a pioneer cd player, has a mode for a cd changer, if i had one. so i guess there would be something back there.

Back