Copy DVD disk from Finder?

neuby

Registered
I have some DVD's that I created in iDVD (Non commercial, non copywrighted), that I would like to duplicate. Can I just copy them over to a DVD-R? (I have a superdrive obviously). If so will they be playable with meuns etc in a DVD player?

If not, then what is the best way to do this. I have Toast, but it sucks. I never get the menus or any other disk specific things - I want an exact duplicate. (The originals are DVD-R disks as well).

Just use Disk Utility (Panther) or Disk Copy (Jaguar and earlier). You can use that to create an image file from a device or volume. Check out Disk Utility's help files to get started, as I think I have typed like 78 times how exactly to do exactly what you want in this very forum, and I'm tired of it. ;)

You _then_ can use Disk Utility to burn a DVD from the image file. You can also use Toast for that, if you want, but if you've already got Disk Utility open...

Well, it's not like I'm the only one around here, and questions are certainly welcome.

Another is to start with your iDVD project and burn the copy again.

>> another is to start from your iDVD project and burn a copy again.>>

Sadly, I have to delete them after I am finished, as the imovie files take up way too much space. In fact that is why I moved them to DVD in the first place - to get them off the computer.

That is "Cool!" :D
When will iSkySoft find an actual site editor that can translate into a little better English. Or, maybe to check that the information in that guide is accurate ("...because, every Mac user comes with a Mac DVD Copy"). DVD Copy appears to be iSkySoft's $29 software, which 'every Mac user' does NOT have.
Anyone have a clue what country iSkySoft is located? Not an English-speaking country, apparently. I'm guessing that 'MoonRiver' is employed by iSkysoft, and that post is a simple commercial advert?

you can rip a dvd even if it with copywrited!
just find some software that can backup the protected dvd, lots of these products

Back