Copying/installing programs on another account

crazysxycool

Registered
Hi everyone!

I'm new here and this is my first question. And i'm sure there will be more. I recently about a used PowerPC G4. I created a second account and want to know how can I copy a program(s) to another account if I don't have the discs? The only discs that came with the machine was the Leopard disc so the other programs were installed already such as Office and Toast.

Thanks in advance!
Wy

The top level /Applications/ folder is for ALL users on that Mac. The only difference is the CommercialWare/Shareware registrations are for only the ONE account. You have to keep that in mind.

Now to share files between Users on the Mac is to use the /Users/Shared/ folder. This share files between Users on that Mac.

If you are new to the Mac (switching) I really urge you to get the excellent book Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Leopard Edition (Missing Manual) (if you are a classic "switcher"). If you are new to the Mac & computing then the standard Mac OS X Leopard: The Missing Manual. Both of these books are VERY informative, funny and easy reads. They both will make you a great Mac user.

The top level /Applications/ folder is for ALL users on that Mac. The only difference is the CommercialWare/Shareware registrations are for only the ONE account. You have to keep that in mind.

Now to share files between Users on the Mac is to use the /Users/Shared/ folder. This share files between Users on that Mac.

If you are new to the Mac (switching) I really urge you to get the excellent book Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Leopard Edition (Missing Manual) (if you are a classic "switcher"). If you are new to the Mac & computing then the standard Mac OS X Leopard: The Missing Manual. Both of these books are VERY informative, funny and easy reads. They both will make you a great Mac user.

Hi satcomer!

Thanks for your reply and the suggestions. I've solved the issued. I just added the program to the App folder.

Wyman

Back