CounterStrike

counterstrike requires halflife. in the 8 years since the first halflife, it has been one of the most stubborn games not to come to the mac platform. which also guarantees counterstrikes non-appearance.

it's one of a legal issue, apparently

no its onlyy internet based; activison was making to be a return to castle wolfentien exspansion but they scrapped it realesed the internet part of the exspansion free. Sry-hypertron

It's a good little game ET, used to play it on the PC, gonna download it for the iBook and see how it runs :p

For mac gaming you can't beet World of Warcraft or Warcraft 3... long live Blizzard

It's a stand alone, a quality freebie... I like to think of it as a gift from the game developers to us, the good-lookin gamers!

Ahh, I love my rose coloured glasses :)

I've been praying for CS to come to Mac for years but the gaming Gods obviously hate me coz it just aint gonna happen.

I've found Call of Duty / CoD United Offensive to be excellent alternatives. I've become much more addicted to CoD:UO than I ever did to CS.

Hehe Counter Strike: Source is sooo addictive. I've got over 400 hours logged playing it :D such a fun game. I started off playing CoD, but CS:S is just so much more fun!

boy who draged this out of the closet? i got introduced to the hl world throught friends at work that were into cs. i never really got into it, but really enjoyed hl. the dod came and they took off with that. i was soo ready for hl2 and dod:s when it came out. but becasue dod:s is way too demanding on their computers, they are now going to bf2. in fact i got the demo installed and am going to try it out to see if i want to join them.

kainjow said:
I started off playing CoD, but CS:S is just so much more fun!

The physics in CS:S is what sets it apart IMO. Both the ragdol effect for dead bodies and world objects you can shoot around. So much fun shooting a barrel around, or shooting up a PC in the Office map :)

From what I've heard, it's that very physics engine that is making its transition to Mac so impossible (or at least too hard for Valve to bother with)

Thank The Cheese said:
From what I've heard, it's that very physics engine that is making its transition to Mac so impossible (or at least too hard for Valve to bother with)

From what I could gather, that is not true. The problem is: The code already exists for the Havoc-Engine to be ported to OS X, it's just that the developer firm wants too much money for any Mac publisher could bring up

Damrod said:
From what I could gather, that is not true. The problem is: The code already exists for the Havoc-Engine to be ported to OS X, it's just that the developer firm wants too much money for any Mac publisher could bring up

I didn't know that. I was just repeating what I have heard.

I kind of hope you're wrong, because that is a disgraceful reason to hold back porting such an important game to the Mac. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back