Crashes Last Night

pedz

Registered
I have an early 2011 MBP with 10.11.6 on it running Firefox 48.0.1. I went to the facebook home page to create a new account and clicked the link that says "Create a Page for a celebrity, band or business". I poked a few of the squares and then went to bed (not creating an account) but leaving the page displayed on my laptop.

During the night my laptop crashed and rebooted a few times. When I finally came downstairs in the morning, Firefox was saying that it could not get back to the facebook page. Otherwise, due to the way that crash recovery works, it would have started back up just like it left off. Which I assume it managed to do the first few times which may or may not be why it crashed again.

I'm wondering if there is a connection. Mostly, I am wondering if my MBP is having trouble. If it was the facebook + Firefox that led to the crash, then I'll just not do that again.

I do not recommend leaving your computer overnight in the middle of creating an account - especially a social media account. Give a test by leaving your computer with Firefox open to this web site and see what occurs.

Back