Creating CD image files

Perseus

Registered
How do I create a CD image (.img or .dmg) file? What programs are used? I am trying to create one for my Warcraft 2 CD.

Thanks!

-Perseus

good luck copying WC2 Blizzard has a tough encryption on all thier CDs but so far i have been able to copy most mac games except jedi knight II :-\

It's not encryption, it's just how intelligently the program checks for cd-vs-disk image. It's harder to check for that in X than in 9, since all you can really do is see if the thing is mounted in /Volumes/DiskName, and an image will do that. If a Disc Copy image doesn't work, try Toast.

Open Disk Copy and either A) drag your WC3 CD icon onto DC's icon in the Dock, or B) create a new disk image and drage WC3's icon onto it.

Hey, thanks for the help! :) Disk Copy worked great, I was able to run the game fine from the file.

I had been having problems where I tried to play Warcraft 2 in Classic and it wouldn't recognize the CD for whatever reason. Even with the image file, the game still cannot recognize the CD. When I tried to run it by booting from OS 9, the problem disappeared.

Is there a way to play Warcraft 2 without having to boot from OS 9?

Thanks again!!

-Perseus

Hi - Any success getting this to run - I've tried Parallels but it has trouble with the CD - You can read it and start the install but it loses track of it half way throught the install and says to start over.
I tried creating an image file but it disc utility does the same thing.
Is that caused by encription, the fact that it is a PC CD, something else?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks!

Hey, I have a MBP and I can't find the disc copy utility...does anyone know if I have it or need to get it or recommend some other way to make a disc image?

i tried that with my Halo Universal disc and then mounted it but all i got was it asking for the disk in the drive so it wasn't much help, will it always happen even with Quake 4 and Call of Duty 2??? Thanks....

Back