Custom cursor? can't see mine on a black background

scruffy

Notorious Olive Counter
I've gotten used to using white text on black background in text editors - a carry over from using a terminal, I guess - I find it much easier on the eyes than all that glowing white screen.

Problem is, I can't see the darn mouse cursor - when the "I-beam" cursor is in front of a black terminal.app window, it draws a sort of pale grey shadow, so you can see it. But when it's in front of any other sort of window (e.g. xcode), no such luck. It's very very dark grey against black, and good luck finding it.

Ideally I'd like to make the text cursor have a white outline, same as the arrow cursor, but really anything that would make it visible against a black background would be nice. I looked through the 'mouse' and 'universal access' control panels, but that doesn't have what I need...

Thanks in advance, anyone who knows.

Thanks for the tips guys.

andychrist - Blacklight is a fun toy!

Another possibly useful app someone pointed out in another thread (edx? can't recall) is screencrosshair - http://www.artissoftware.com/crosshair/ - draws a big crosshair all across the screen, centered on your cursor. Never lose track of the cursor that way. It seems to do some odd things with video though - my poor rage128 has trouble keeping up...

Back