Custom Mac's? Automotive Paint, Mushkin RAM, Cold Cathodes?

TribalMKIV

Registered
Would anyone be interested in a Custom Mac with Automotive paint, Mushkin RAM, Seagate HDD's, and maybe some cold cathode lighting..? Something similar to what Alienware and Tribal PC do for PC's..?

I'd suggest you do your own prototype and post a website. Then, you could offer them on an order-by-order (cash down in advance and to hell with the warranty) basis, and/or offer the plans and materials for sale. Remember that part of the philosphy of customisation is doing the work yourself wherever possible.

I would suggest, though, that automotive paint might not be the best effect on most macs. I have seen some very good work done with airbrush on the inside of the polypropylene shells of iBooks and PowerMacs (using the right solvents you can cleanly remove the white paint inside the clear shell).
I guess what works for PCs might not be what works for macs.

I would be interested to see what you come up with.

What I'd like is some way to put a light in my Apple Pro Speakers so they glow. That would be cool :) Especially if the light could pulse in time to the music :D.

Well I'll look into all this as I dig deeper into Macs. I recently started a designer PC company. I was doing some work for my friends dad on his 450MHz G4 and I liked it alot. I started thinking about how we use better materials in our machines why not offer it for the Mac. I called apple and am in thep rocess of becoming a reseller. Using Mushkin RAM and other "better" materials I'm looking to be a refreshing different solution for Mac buyers. So far I've done some nice cold cathode light mods and stuff but I can't start painting a messing with their case. I'm going to start by purchasing one off ebay I think and make it my own :) . Anyhow, I like what some people have done, I think I did alright and maybe I can do something different and my company can be a complete solution to consumers... :) Thanks guys and please keep the comments and ideas coming!

Used auto paint on top of plastic primer on my PBG3 and it looks sweet. Preparation is the key tho, and don't scrimp on the laquer - it makes a world of difference. AppleFritter.com have some nice stuff and will host mine too when I sort some decent pics of it.

Definitely like the idea of pulsing ProSpeakers. That would be very cool. Would maybe need an on/off switch for the lights tho - could be a bit distracting when doing real work.

Back