Darwin

TheDIablo

Registered
i am running on MAC SO X 10.4 and I installed Darwin for the 10.4 but now i want to start mac and i dont know how can anyone help me can i uninstall Darwin??

Huh? Darwin IS Mac OS X -- you do not need to install anything extra in order to get Darwin. Darwin is the collective Unix underpinnings of Mac OS X.

What exactly did you install? You'll need to be much more specific in order for us to help you.

i installed darwin 8.01 for mac os x 10.4
when i start it up it automaticly goes to darwin and i want it to go to mac os x

You mean you downloaded Darwin 8.0.1 from the Apple Developer's Connection site, and installed it over Mac OS X?

If so, I'm afraid there is no easy way to "uninstall" or "go back" to Mac OS X. It all depends on how you installed Darwin -- did you install it to a separate partition or drive, or did you install it on the same drive you had OS X installed? If you installed Darwin on the same drive as Mac OS X, then you have Darwin only on that drive now -- Darwin and Mac OS X cannot exist simultaneously on the same partition

There is no "Darwin for Mac OS X" -- there's Darwin that's compatible with PPC processors, and Darwin that's compatible with Intel processors. Darwin is not "for" OS X... Darwin is a complete operating system itself.

Back