Dashboard Issue???

fleamt

Registered
Is anyone else having this problem:
When you are in dashboard, put a widget on top of where the menu extras are in the finder menubar (on the right side, like clock, or classic control). Now click and hold the widget at a place where the mouse is on top of both the widget and a menu extra, and start dragging the widget in dashboard along the menubar. When I do this, my menus from the menubar extras start opening on top of the widget I'm clicking on. It's kind of annoying, and I'm wondering if it's some sort of bug, of if it's just me. I couldn't find any other post on this, and it happens for me in 10.4.1 and 10.4.2 on several different computers.

My system does that, but only for that small area where menu extras live. I don't consider it to be a problem, I just don't use that area. The dashboard is controlled by the Dock, so there may be certain tiny areas on the screen that would behave strangely, similar to the small 'control' areas around each Dock icon. You are just 'clicking through' that area to the area underneath. The normal toolbar menus are not affected.

Back