DEAD Aluminium 15" Powerbook

heritage

Registered
Hi all

I'm trying to help a friend out with their Aluminium 15" Powerbook, which he describes as 'dead'.

I have it here, and it seems ... dead.

Here's maybe why- he dropped it on the corner where the power cable goes, with the cable in, which bent the pin on the cable.

He has bought a new cable, and a new battery, but nothing doing on any combination, even without a battery in. He says it worked a few times when he got the new battery, but once it used up all the charge it came with, it wouldn't recharge ...

I have tried the PMU reset and still no joy.

The amber light comes on when the new cable is plugged in, with either of the batteries or none at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Sounds like something is physically damaged in the power department -- specifically, the circuitry and/or connections for the power brick adapter. Since it'll work with a charged battery, but will not work with a discharged battery and/or via power adapter, I'm thinking the pins or circuits that are in and around the power brick adapter hole are broken or damaged.

Unless you're willing to dive into the disassembly route, I would recommend giving these folks a call:

http://www.powerbookmedic.com

Back