default panther wallpaper

there is no such thing as panther "wallpaper". so no one can post such a thing. perhaps you wanted to see the default desktop image? :rolleyes:

no offence Ed but you're loosing touch, you used to be a nice polite guy when answering to posts :(

there's not a big difference between jaguar's dessktop and panther's but maybe someone can help you out since i'm still doing some backups before installing Panther... ;)

thx...

edX is making fun of the term used in the Post Title which is "Wallpaper" and rightly so! :D

In Windows they call their desktop pictures wallpapers which of course is stupid all while they call their Desktop, well, Desktop! How can one have a wallpaper on a Desktop? :confused:

Only in Windows :p

Anyways, here is the Panther desktop...

PS. In case you will have any problems let us know! ;)

Attachments

• Panther Aqua Blue.jpg.bz2.zip
    40.8 KB · Views: 54
hulkaros,
Could you post that desktop picture again just in JPG format and not zipped? Thanks. :D

Bonefill - i've never been polite to anyone who calls a desktop image "wallpaper". i have been known to be a bit more humorous by offering to bring the paste and get the number of a good decorator, but i've never been polite to anyone calling it wallpaper. :D

use a mac, use mac terms. simple. using pc terms to denote mac standards only lessens them. like calling tissues as kleenex.

(hey, this particular term is a BIG pet peeve of mine!! :) )

Like when people say Alt instead of Command, or Option? Option-click, Command-Tab, etc. Not Alt!!! :mad:

Yeah, I see what you mean, Ed.

Hulk, if the pic's too big to post, could you size it down a bit and post it again? Thanks...

isn't it apple, option, and control? i'm not sure apples require commands to work. they do better with requests. :p

Thanks for the "Desktop" image everyone. Mac user at home, Windows user at work so I guess I just got my terms mixed up. I plan to use this at work on my PC so for me it will be "wallpaper" I guess ;)

Thanks again.

Oh, so haiw, cwoody you are going to use the desktop picture as your wallpaper ..? :p at least it will make your work machine look a nicer.

Arden - in US keyboard the Alt - option key has BOTH alt and option written on it. The apple key does not have written command anywhere (just the symbol and apple symbol) ... in Italian keyboard the option key has ONLY alt written on it, no key has written enter, return, or shift. Most users know there which is shift, and can guess right which are option, command .. but in that case it is just simplier to call them alt (because it does not say option on it) and apple key.

besides i like to call it apple key. it makes so many old skool people freak out.. ;)

hulkaros said:
edX is making fun of the term used in the Post Title which is "Wallpaper" and rightly so! :D

In Windows they call their desktop pictures wallpapers which of course is stupid all while they call their Desktop, well, Desktop! How can one have a wallpaper on a Desktop? :confused:

Only in Windows :p

Anyways, here is the Panther desktop...

PS. In case you will have any problems let us know! ;)

Actually it's called Background and is under the Desktop tab. I don't know where anyone got the wallpaper term?

Hey, I found two cool Panther wallpapers. :D

BP910.JPG

and

596495.JPG

here and here

Quite clearly, the 'Apple'-key used to _not_ have the Apple logo on it, only the other symbol. People used to give it all kinds of names, but it was generally (and technically) called the Command-Key.

The Option-Key used to _not_ have any name tags on it, just the switching-symbol (think options).

And before 'Dekstop Pictures', there only used to be 'Desktop Patterns'.

Ah, nostalgy. :)

People used to give it all kinds of names, but it was generally (and technically) called the Command-Key.

Obligatory reference from the Jargon File:
Feature key n.
[common] The Macintosh key with the cloverleaf graphic on its keytop; sometimes referred to as `flower', `pretzel', `clover', `propeller', `beanie' (an apparent reference to the major feature of a propeller beanie), splat, `open-apple' or (officially, in Mac documentation) the `command key'. In French, the term `papillon' (butterfly) has been reported. The proliferation of terms for this creature may illustrate one subtle peril of iconic interfaces.

fryke said:
Quite clearly, the 'Apple'-key used to _not_ have the Apple logo on it, only the other symbol. People used to give it all kinds of names, but it was generally (and technically) called the Command-Key.

The Option-Key used to _not_ have any name tags on it, just the switching-symbol (think options).

True, but if we go back far enough, Option never existed, and there were TWO Apple keys, one named "Open Apple" (denoted by the outline of an apple) and one named "Closed Apple" (denoted by a black-filled apple). How's THAT for confusing?!

On maps that symbol is used as an indication that a historically interesting spot is close by. At least in sweden. anyone else?

Back