deleted itunes library

eliana

Registered
ok, so my computer had barely any space on it, so i was deleting as many things as possible. By accident, i deleted my itunes library(1898 songs)I didn't delete it from itunes. I deleted it from applications, then itunes drop down menu, then al these artists. after that, i emptied my trash.... so i have nothing. now i only have one song on my itunes, which is the one i was listening to when my songs got deleted. But now, when i go on itunes, it looks like i have all my songs, except there are small little exclamation points next to each song. When i click a song to play, the song cant be found. I NEED HELP!

I really hope you have a backup!!! Does Time Capsule ring a bell at the time? If you had a backup this mistake could be easily remedied.

By the way the more you use your Mac the more you will over write the ignored data on your recent deleted data on the hard disk! You best bet to get that music back is if you have an iPod you can get the music off it with free programs like Senuti.

If you neither have a backup or music on an iPod then your only chance is STOP using the Mac RIGHT NOW!!!! Then get program like Drive Savers or something along that line. However it will NOT be cheap.

Back