Deleting aliases in launchpad

TuckerdogAVL

Registered
This isn't a big important thing. Just one of those annoyances. I have two aliases in the launchpad (I've never used the thing, and the other day I was thinking hmmmm.... maybe it could be useful sometimes. So, I grouped stuff, made folders, etc. Okay fine.

However, there are two aliases from old apps that are appearing. I have mostly given up and just moved them to the last page of the launchpad because I can find nothing that tells me how to remove the aliases. I have read 10,000 website "just simplies" re: jiggling apps and locating in the two places apps are saved on the Mac (PS the one under my user name has nothing in it).

The one alias is from an old Quick Time Player app from 2007. I deleted the app a few weeks ago because it's old and useless and doesn't run on anything. I have the new Quick Time loaded (Sept 2020) And the other is from an invoicing program where it's been updated and I have that running, but the old alias is trying to find an app from 2015. That I also deleted. So, I deleted the apps prior to knowing there were aliases lurking in the launchpad.

I haven't tried terminal (which I proceed with very carefully). But other than that, I can't find any way to get rid of them. So, they live on the last page of launchpad. :)

I must admit, I have never used Launch pad. I have never needed to use it. So maybe those aliases just belong on the last page. ;)

You should stop using Launchpad and just drag your Applications folder to right side of you Dock. So when click on the folder in the Dock then all apps will come in pop-up to choose which one you want! I’ve been using this technique sense OS X beta!

You should stop using Launchpad and just drag your Applications folder to right side of you Dock. So when click on the folder in the Dock then all apps will come in pop-up to choose which one you want! I’ve been using this technique sense OS X beta!
As I said, I've never used it. Been using Macs since 2000 so don't know when this showed up; Thought it might be a pleasant diversion. Have always used the dock and have the applications folder exactly where you mention, along with documents, downloads and trash. :cool: So, the question remains: Is there a way to remove the aliases? Or, as we agree, just ignore the launchpad and accept it as an aberration.

Back