Deleting Services

Durbrow

Registered
I have several Services I do not use such as MacJournal, iBlog, etc. Can someone tell me how to delete them? Thanks!

These various apps may have prefs that will turn off, or remove their respective services. If these are apps that you have removed, then do a search for these names, and see what shows up. remove any that are in a 'Services' folder, (there probably will be 2 or more 'Services' folders somewhere in your system) AND, some apps add services to your system, with the services names un-related to the app, so good luck on some services. I have found some by luck inside game folders! The service does not have to reside in a 'services' folder to be added to the services menu. I heard of an app that would list all installed services, giving you the chance to edit, or remove. But, I don't remember where I saw it. If you change your services, you'll have to at least logout to change the menu

for things like iblog (http://homepage.mac.com/soapdog/iblog/) and macjournal, go to their homepage...search google if ya can't find them. things like iblog as far as i can tell are just php scripts so find the install directory and go to town. it takes a little bit of research, but if ya get stuck either ask the author(s) or in one of their site forums how to get rid of the program completely. be nice about it, don't say their program is crap and ya don't want it on your machine.

This may be simpler than what I listed. Most services are activated, and the service itself will be in a services folder. Just removing that <service>.service file may be enough. But some services have a more complicated installlation, and various paths for services. A one-way removal deal does not always lose the service.

Back