Deleting user accounts

hollywoodred22

Registered
I want to wipe my G3 ibook to pass it along to the next lucky user, but when I go to delete users, the - (minus button) is greyed out.... any help??

I want to wipe my G3 ibook to pass it along to the next lucky user, but when I go to delete users, the - (minus button) is greyed out.... any help??

You cannot delete the account that you are logged in on.
Try creating a new account with admin rights, log in with this new account, and you should be able to delete the older accounts.

It would be much more secure to wipe - partition - reformat and reinstall the OS from the install disks.
This leaves the new owner a clean slate, and the only way you will not leave a trail of bread-crumbs behind on the hard drive.

jb.

I succeeded in duplicating your situation: I created an user, and logged in using the account. Then I switched to my account, and tried to delete the new account. The minus sign was gray. Then I switched to the new account, and logged out. Then I switched back to my own account and could remove the new account.

So, is the user logged in?

You created the thread twice in different forums, so I had to delete the one which was in the HOWTO & FAQS forum, which is *ONLY* for answers, not questions.

Thanks jbarly, you had the winning tip. Unfortunately I don't have the install discs..., so bread crumb trail it is. Sorry fryke I didn't know.., won't make that same mistake. Big Thanks!!

Back