desktop pics

Hey, Sithious, that's a pretty groovy desktop. Can you fill me in on a couple of points:
1. How / why is the iTunes window semi-transparent?
2. What's with Tux the penguin up in the menu bar?

:D

I like it, though it would be pure hell trying to face that screen when you've got a hangover. :p

asked by symphonix

1. How / why is the iTunes window semi-transparent?

that's windowshade x in effect ... it allows you to windowshade (obviously ... :D) and to make windows transparent ... you can get it from versiontracker ... unfortunately the demo only runs for an hour after logging in, so i suppose i'll have to register soon ... :)
also asked by symphonix

2. What's with Tux the penguin up in the menu bar?

tux is my user defined icon for menuversum, a very handy little pref pane that allows you to create your own custom menus... you can bundle different standard menus in to one, including sysprefs, app switcher and file browsers ... also available from versiontracker, and free! wheee!
i'll include a little pic to illustrate what it does ... :)

Attachments

• menuversum.jpg
    menuversum.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 48
Heres a new one. (No questionable file names this time.:D )

p.s., If you want to know why its all cluttered over that (StarEdit Emerald is the campaign creator for starcraft!!!) it's because I have 2 video cards but only one monitor =) so If something gets moved there...

Here's mine, not much is going on right now :)

genghiscoehn, what are the 4 menu extras on the left? Especially the graph, is that CPU usage or something?

desktop.jpg

Also, here's an interesting Dock menu bug :)
wackyness.jpg

macguy... i've seen an organized mess before... but that's a messed up organized mess!!!!!!

how do you manage to use your computer with all that fake aqua/chrome?! it hurts me to look at it!

ksuther,
The graph is NetMonitor, which (logically) shows network traffic. To its right are Snard the Menu (sort of an Apple Menu substitute), Stuffit Deluxe's MagicMenu, and Process Wizard, a GUI for renicing processes.

Originally posted by unlearnthetruth
mine! yay! (resized a little for size constraints)

What kind of app is that one on the right there?:confused:

Here's my daily working space: Enjoy the colorful and interesting desktop backround (where do you other lads get those cool backgrounds from anyway?) And the exciting and original mozilla-theme.:rolleyes:
Interesting desktop

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12
macguy... i've seen an organized mess before... but that's a messed up organized mess!!!!!!

how do you manage to use your computer with all that fake aqua/chrome?! it hurts me to look at it!

Gee... I don't know. It all kind of falls into place.
I guess you could say good use of Recent Applications helps, since I don't have very many programs...

By the way, I have cleaned it up some. Its much more organised now.

I found a program called SnapperHead that can serve continuously refreshing pictures of your desktop. It can be found at versiontracker.com.

Anyone wanna try?

P.S.: You have to have a static IP address!

Originally posted by xoot
I found a program called SnapperHead that can serve continuously refreshing pictures of your desktop. It can be found at versiontracker.com.

Anyone wanna try?

P.S.: You have to have a static IP address!

You don't NEED to have a static IP, as long as you just don't reconnect to the internet and get a new one...or you can get a dynamic dns and use that with snapperhead (like this: http://name.dyndns.org:2000):p

Yes, googol, kilowatt and I were playing with snapperhead for a while, but then we found a slight problem: It's the biggest idle CPU hog on this side of the planet. Most of the time it'll be taking 40% of the processor sitting there. Sometimes it's a good boy and calms down, but lots of the time it doesn't. It's still very cool though :)

Originally posted by sithious
tux is my user defined icon for menuversum, a very handy little pref pane that allows you to create your own custom menus... you can bundle different standard menus in to one, including sysprefs, app switcher and file browsers ... also available from versiontracker, and free! wheee!
i'll include a little pic to illustrate what it does ... :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you for heads up on that sweet little pref pane sithious. I'm loving it! Now I finally have my app swticher back, along wth an internet program menu, prefs menu, and misc app menu...gone is my cluttered dock and the need for a second one using dock doubler. Mac OSX finally feels like home!!

Quick question to anyone who knows...I figured out how to use it with some trial and error, but am severely limited as to what icons I can use for the menus. I only have one icon set that has apple icon image file types (.icns which is what you need to use). Most of the icon sets i've downloaded are simply documents or folders with pasted icons, some are MacOS icon files, and some ICNS files, but none of these work with the program. My question is: How do I make apple icon images, or how do I convert existing images into that file type?

Thanks again for the link sithious...I'd have never seen this little gem otherwise. :D

asked by Izzy

Quick question to anyone who knows...I figured out how to use it with some trial and error, but am severely limited as to what icons I can use for the menus. I only have one icon set that has apple icon image file types (.icns which is what you need to use). Most of the icon sets i've downloaded are simply documents or folders with pasted icons, some are MacOS icon files, and some ICNS files, but none of these work with the program. My question is: How do I make apple icon images, or how do I convert existing images into that file type?

... i used iconographer x to change the icon i wanted into an .icns file ... :)

glad you like menuversum, i'm quite a fan myself, really a very useful little pref pane ... :D
let's see a screengrab of all your menus! :D :D

I think I know how to make the snapper not take up 40% CPU. Did you check the "Activate/Deactivate during requests" checkbox?

Back