desktop pics

Thanks for the answer...I'll be looking for Iconographer :)

Ask and ye shall receive sithious...I know it's nothing compared to the flashy goodness I've seen here, but I'm happy with it. The only thing that really bothers me is the trash icon, but I'm way too chicken to mess with changing that, for fear of having to reinstall OSX...

My desktop pics are randomized so you guys got lucky to see my fav band, not that any of you would recognize them anyways LOL.

Let me give you a rundown of the menus at the top of the screen (keep in mind I just got menuversum working last night and haven't been able to get the icons I want for each menu)

The uppermost right icon is the square icon for menu calendar, a handy and cool little calendar app that makes it very easy for me to check due dates on projects.

Right next to that is my new app switcher menu (you don't even know how much I love this thing) with the icon for Grab being the uppermost program. I put a separator next to that and can collapse and expand the app switcher to show names and icons, just like in OS 9. Call me old fashioned, but this is what works for me.

The standard menus continue until after the airport indicator, where i've placed a nifty little internet pull down menu with all my internet apps. I've missed something like this ever since the days of PPP Menu and FreePPP, anyone remember that? :)

Next to that menu is one for my misc. often used apps like Photoshop, Diablo II, etc...things that I use but didn't want to have to go down in the dock for.

And finally next to that is my prefs menu, I haven't found an icon for that at all...so i've had to just use a menu name...I'll be getting one shortly so it doesn't look so out of place.

Usually I have my dock hidden, but I've left it up for aesthetic purposes and to show you how I'm now using my dock as a folder storage bar where I can get to pretty much all of my important docs very quickly.

The other misc items are just there to give you guys something to look at besides a blank desktop (which is pretty much what I like to see). I'm completely hooked on one window view in Adium...has made IMing about a thousand times easier for me. There's a shot of an open window there too, just so you can see my finder toolbar and a custom icon that i've made.

I feel like i'm on MTV cribs or something...LOL...showing everyone my "home" (except without the Master P pool ;) )

I'll be posting another shot as soon as I get my icons sorted out if anyone is interested. Until then, this is my desktop. :D

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 38
ksuther, I think it must of been just you and kilowatt who were playing with snapperhead, because I don't remember that at all. Unless there is some other reason for me not remembering that :D

Alrighty then sithious...I got Iconographer and put it through the wringer, nice program. Finally got the icons I wanted and got them up and in the menu bar...I think this will be it for me until I grow a spine and decide to get duality and also change the trash icon.

Thanks for your help...I'm still getting myself acclimated to OSX :rolleyes:

Here's a pic of the menu bar with the new icons, with my app menu open:

Attachments

• screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 29
Here's also a pic of the sys pref menu if any of you are curious as to how menuversum deals with displaying it :)

Attachments

• screen3.jpg
    screen3.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 34
Maybe I'm just stupid but I don't understand how to get a menu that you've made with MenuBuilder to actually DISPLAY... how do you get this to work? I go back to the other panel and click the Plus sign and it says "none selected"... what does this mean?

Can someone just sort of help me along here?

Originally posted by genghiscohen
Here's yet another of mine.
(BTW, nice desktops, Twyg!)
I've never seen a ss of a transparent Dock that I've liked before... but it looks good on top of the black background!

While I'm responding, here is mine. It also is a large dual-screen capture that I shrunk 50%.

Technically I guess this does not really show my desktop (pattern from OS 8ish) since so much stuff is opened. I was testing to see if I could open everything!:D

The screen on the left is running Windows 2000 under Virtual PC 5. I have the desktops different colors so that I don't confuse myself too much.

Here is Nummi's OS X desktop. almost the same as OS 9.

Attachments

• nummi_desktop_osx.jpg
    nummi_desktop_osx.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 34
Originally posted by Bluefusion
Maybe I'm just stupid but I don't understand how to get a menu that you've made with MenuBuilder to actually DISPLAY... how do you get this to work? I go back to the other panel and click the Plus sign and it says "none selected"... what does this mean?

Can someone just sort of help me along here?

... when it says 'none selected', click on to the triangle next to it, then a little menu flaps down with all the available menus ... :) menuversum is cool, but it sure isn't easy to use ... :D

Attachments

• menuversum.jpg
    menuversum.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 31
yeah that is true...LOL...took me a few mins to get everything up and running with menuversum...but hey, it's free so I can't complain. Although a quick and dirty instruction set would be nice...:rolleyes:

I'm lovin my new desktop though...and I think I may actually get motivated and change my trash icon. Anyone know a good site to find trash icons besides xicons.com?

Back