Did You Buy a Laptop Battery from OWC (MacSales.com)?

Amie

Mac Convert for Life
I'm interested in hearing from people who have purchased a battery for their iBook from OWC (MacSales.com). I bought one from them and when it arrived, I noticed two things right away: 1) It's not the same color as my iBook (it's a shade or two a different white); and 2) It doesn't mold to the battery slot like it should - it sticks up a little in one corner, and I'm worried about moisture getting in, etc.

Has anyone else had this happen? The reason I'm asking is because I was debating on whether or no to send the battery back and ask for another one. But, if they're all like that, I won't bother.

Thanks in advance.

I've bought a PowerBook battery from MacSales before, and it arrived looking and fitting exactly like the factory model. In the 6+ years I've been using them, their customer service has always been far above average; if you have any questions at all, you should just ask them.

There's about 4 different shades of white among the various iBook models, so that's something you could decide to ignore. The mechanical fit would be a more serious concern. How can you be sure that the battery connection is secure? And, I echo billbaloney - Macsales tech support is always quite good, in my experience. Give them a call!

There's about 4 different shades of white among the various iBook models, so that's something you could decide to ignore. The mechanical fit would be a more serious concern. How can you be sure that the battery connection is secure? And, I echo billbaloney - Macsales tech support is always quite good, in my experience. Give them a call!

I contacted them, and that's exactly what they explained to me (regarding the different shades of white). I wasn't aware. I sent the battery back and they sent me another one - and this fits a LOT better!

Hughvane said:

That thread doesn't contain the information that this thread contains. It's a dead thread! :D

Thanks, all, for your replies!

Back