Disc I/O error 36 when saving to RAID

concept27

Registered
OK here is my story. Let's get started:
We are a PC shop (sorry but it was this way when I got here). We have 2 G5's running tiger in the graphics lab and they are joined Active Directory via directory services in the OS X Utility. We have a G4 running OS X Tiger Server with a FIREWIRE RAID ARRAY attached to it and is being used as storage for job files. I have installed SharePoints on Tiger Server to share the FIREWIRE RAID. PC's and MAC's can access the RAID without any problems. These files are mostly Adobe Illustrator drawings, or VectorWorks files, PDF's, JPG's etc... I am not a MAC expert but have somehow figured out ths SMB/CIFS settings to enable windows boxes to access the RAID. AFP is also running. Everything was fine until users kept getting the error 36 disc I/O error when saving files to the RAID. They can open a file but saving the same file gives that error and creates temp fiels that can not be deleted. On the PC side we get the error 48 (???) and it creates over 100's of temp files with 0kb in size. Where should I start first? I have looked a lot in forums but no real solution. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

First of all, why did you install SharePoints onto Mac OS X Server? The Server flavor of Mac OS X has no trouble sharing any drive/volume already... SharePoints is not needed, and may even conflict with something.

Second of all, is the RAID in good health?

Thank for your response. The RAID is healthy. The problem is the RAID is firewire and I could not get it to share. As the last resort I installed sharepoints. I'll be happy to remove it but I need some assistance sharing that volume in OS X Server. (since I am a PC guy..I know...I know...:eek: )

Back