disc not ejecting from powerbook

joestriker

Registered
Hey can anyone help me with a problem i'm having. My cd won't eject from my drive for two days now, it ejects halfway then stops. When i push the other half back in, it loads like normal. Press eject again, it comes out halfway then gets stuck again. I tried all the methods for a stuck disc i.e open firmware etc but no luck. I even attempted to pull the disc when it ejects but its literally stuck, like somethings got a hold on it. Any help? Do i need to open my powerbook?

What you need to do is to visit your next AppleStore. Your 12'' alubook is surely not that old yet and you should have warrenty, right?

Where did you buy your powerbook? Ask your seller although your warrenty expired. Maybe it will be carried out at the firm's expense.. This issue doesn't sound to me as something you might be able to fix on your own.

I don't know if this will work. I had a problem removing a mini CD which i never should have used. I turned the powerbook upside down and pressed eject. i was then able to remove it manually by pulling it out.

whitecloud1 said:
I don't know if this will work. I had a problem removing a mini CD which i never should have used. I turned the powerbook upside down and pressed eject. i was then able to remove it manually by pulling it out.
How did you get that mini disc into your drive? The drive shouldn't automatically pull the mini CD in when it's that small..
I would love to burn few mini CDs for my mp3player, but I was under the impression they can't be loaded anyway. Were you able to read the mini CD?

Back