Disk Image Backup Application?

keyizm

Registered
Does anyone know of a good disk image backup application? I'd like to be able to take snapshots of my hardrive and backup the disk image to a DVD-RAM drive. I'd prefer something freeware/shareware however if that's not an option, I'm open to pointers on commercial apps as well. Thanks ...

I don't use that feature, but I think Retrospect (bundled with Norton SystemWorks) might do that?

i was kinda hoping for a solution somewhat similiar to the Ghost product for windows by Symatec. it'll great a ghost image if your disk and then allow you to blast it back whenever you like. any takers?

Retrospect is more like Ghost than Psync or Carbon Copy Cloner is but still is not the same. I highly reccomend Retrospect.

CCC can copy all of your files to a new hard drive, partition or folder but it doesn't wrap it in an .img or .gho like Ghost and Retrospect. You can specify the size of images in Retrospect like you can with Ghost - for instance 650mb sections that will burn to CD. Retrospect is really easy too. Plus you have to run it while you're booted in OS X. You don't have to boot up in DOS on startup like you do in Ghost.

I have had problems with Retrospect Express that came with Norton SystemWorks 2. I would make a backup with it and try to restore it but it kept breaking. If I used Retrospect on it (the full version) it would work fine. It seems very wierd since I originally backed up with RE and it won't restore it

Back