Disk Warrior Fails to Start Up 2.0GHZ G5

jamerican

Registered
I have just acquired a dual 2.0Ghz G5 from Apple and tried to run Disk Warrior after a lot of software installations. The DW cd, however, will not start up the G5. Has anyone had this problem before? :)

There does not seem to be an upgrade from V 3.02 so I guess I'll have to buy it. Thanks for the information.

I think the version is for the boot disk (version 35). The software is version 3.0.2. The information for getting updates, if you already have version 3, is on THIS PAGE . Looks like it's about $21 US for an updated CD.

It's such a crock they charge everytime they need to update. Gimme the download for free lemme put it on my FireWire hard drive. Than if I want a CD I'll use BootCD.

Yup, no DW 3.5. That page refers to Revision 35 of the DW 3.0.2 CD.

And you don't need to wait for the vendor to get a CD that boots your
machine. Make one yourself via BootCD (Version 0.6 claims to be G5
friendly) from versiontracker.com.

It's an annoyance for sure. Diskwarrior has saved professional 'lives' and therefore you could argue a few quid is well worthwhile...
All I can say is that BootCD works (it took me a hour odd) and it saves some cash/aggrevation... BTW: my original Diskwarrior CD wouldn't boot my G4 PB - the G5 based BootCD with DiskWarrior solved it.

Back