DiskWarrior 3.0 is released!

It's about time. Who would have thought such a "simple" utility would take so long to convert?

Anyways, for those of you who don't have DW or don't know about it, get it. Don't ask questions, don't worry about cost, just get it. (It's a super simple interface. Basically you just press the "fix it" button and more often than not, your hard drive is fixed. Amazing.)

DW has bailed me out of more trouble than any other app, bar none.

it does not support ufs. in fact most of DW's repairs are made upon the HFS+ filesystem and not the system itself.

Of course there is a 4 to 5 week back order.

Nice to finally see, though. If I could only recommend one disk utility DiskWarrior would be it. Always the first one I pull out.

But if I know my company I'll probably have my copy when we're all using OS 11 (XI?) :rolleyes:

edX you talked highly of Diskwarrior in other threads, i think i will give it a try since it's X native now.

yea, i can't wait to see how it has made the transition. their big reason for delaying it so long is that they wanted it to be as perfect as possible. it will be nice to be able to repair my externals without rebooting. now, if only they would get plus optimizer to be able to run in osx, life would be much simpler.

I was wondering about PlusOptimizer. Is it just because they haven't gotten it working under OS X or because 3.0 renders it basically obsolete?

my understanding is they haven't gotten it converted yet. i don't think 3.0 is going to do anything to defragment. at least it doesn't mention it.

I was wondering why it had to be ran in 9, but isn't it bad to have it optimizing a drive in use? Or am I stuck on the old ways of Norton. Well you can't optimize off the system disc with Norton.

I can't wait to read the first user reports. I imagine it won't have been easy to make an app like this transition into a whole new world. I hope it doesn't have too many problems. Seems like some people around the web are intimating that this is in fact a 1.0 release (as in, first 0S X release), and as such, subject to error. OTOH, the long beta period, and the waiting rather than the rush to release the app does seem to sound like they didn't spare to much trouble testing. And of course, they have a reputation to defend.

Alsoft's website is a piece of junk! It took me five minutes just to figure out how to order the damn upgrade. When I finally got there, I realized that they are showing two different prices ($39.95 on one page, $79.95 on the actual order page).

I prefer the download model where you can get the download at any time and just have to enter the serial number to activate it.

Additionally, the only non-snail-mail option is for them to e-mail it to you. WTF! Just hook me up with a browser download. My email limit is too low, so I have to wait for a CD, which inexplicably will take 2-3 weeks.

Diskwarrior is great and worth the trouble (or at least past versions were, who knows about this one), but c'mon!

I did the upgrade about a month ago when Alsoft first announced it. Since then NO email updates on release or shipment (I''m old. I still like the feeling of a physical product)! Plus I'm not the only one in this boat!:mad:

alsoft's web site sucks
They have no download option on their site
Only a CD can be ordered... takes 3 or more weeks.

What the hell?? DW 3 is the most highly regarded disk repair program ever! Didn't they make enough money yet to redesign their web site and include downloading???!!!

Back